Big Rule & Policy Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, for what it's worth, I have 2 (count them, two) LIFETIME BANS from another forum, even though I was one of the first 2000 members and had over 60,000 lifetime posts. I don't even have a warning here, if that tells you anything.

Reactions: JWC
So aside from disrespecting all the other members who follow the rules and have no problems, what good is going to come from letting banned members back ?

Or you could disrespect the members by letting a banned member post on your account.

Edit: sorry for the double post. There must be an Echo in here.

That is just stretching things a bit. As the owner, you know internet site rules are far different from laws of the land. I understand what you mean, but that is stretching the similarities a bit much. I don't remember any laws of the land specifically designed for internet site members to be banned or not to be banned.
It was just a question, I wasn't saying our rules are the same as laws. But like laws, our rules change some times, and I don't think it's disrespectful at all. The folks who follow the rules never had to deal with any of this, why would they be mad?
I'm thinking you need to re-think this one. Right now it seems that the Classifieds are pretty well self moderating. And the poster can lock the thread from the get go. PLUS, if a comment is way out of line, the OP can get relief.

Letting the OP edit the comments seems pretty Facebookish about insisting on PC. Letting the OP edit comments is an invitation to fraud or misrepresentation. Sort of like "free speech" the ad is belongs to the OP, but the forum belongs to you. Point is, that if OP removes comments, other members and mods will never really know it is happening, and so you (admins and mods) will never be aware of the issue.

Just thinking out loud, not uncommon for someone to advertise a .38 S&W as a .38 Special. W/O a comment or inquiry from the peanut gallery this would never be addressed, and OP could carry on. Same thing about nickel/SS guns -- OP dpesn't know the difference.
Doesn't letting the poster lock it from the get go do the same thing? I don't feel like we're adding any extra risks that weren't already there anyway.

This is what mom meant when she used to warn me about things going on my "permanent record".
No! This is a record permanent! silly Crippen...
Record Perm2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom