• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cheap & Good Mineral Block for Deer

Ive used them for years and yes they like it fine. Usually not as much used this time of year but they definitely will use the livestock mineral blocks

I have had great results from the deer cane blocks and the plain white salt/mineral blocks. I freshen my mineral site up every spring. Seems the deer really start hitting them hard as antlers begin to grow and when the does begin lactating.

I've had a mineral lick going for many years and just stop by the local feed store about Feb and get 50# bag of cattle trace mineral salt (brown salt), 50# bag of DiCal and just dump them into my lick. Sometimes I also toss a bag of DeerCaine in about the time everything starts greening up. Both the bucks and does start hitting it early and often. Deer ate up one of the Tractor Supply trophy blocks and are about done with the 2nd one also.

Been using the 50lb blocks for years. They do like the white ones better but I go ahead and put both out close to each other about ever 4 months. Have a lot less horns broken and better antler growth over the years for them.

I used to go to the feed store and buy a 50lb block for @ $5. Last a long time. Then after it's gone they'll come around and eat a hole out in the ground for a long time

salt lick 929.png
$9.29 at TSC for 50 lb mineral trace

Back
Top Bottom