• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Decided on Element 2: Where to buy

zracin

Default rank <1250 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
71   0
Reaction score
I changed my mind again, no one had what I was really looking for, so I'm having my own built (Stalking Rhino) see details below: Now my only question is, now that I'm spending way more than originally planned on this; who will transfer it in for me and not rip me off.

Last edited:
by the time you pay the transfer and wait you will pay the same or more than if you just buy it here. bullseye has them in stock i believe. i would check with QRF or cherokee first as i hate doing business with bullseye.

We do not have the Element 2, in stock, however they are available.

I just sent you a price on it.

Rich

Sorry logged in under my personal ID

Bottom line, it seems after every side by side review that I've read, it is the quietest overall and specifically the FRP. I am super weird and love spending hours cleaning my guns, sometimes I open my safe just to clean them, so ease of cleaning means nothing to me. I want the QUIETEST one available (including FRP) if you have any other suggestions I am open. I do not care about Size or cost. The Element is just the best I found info on

Bottom line, it seems after every side by side review that I've read, it is the quietest overall and specifically the FRP. I am super weird and love spending hours cleaning my guns, sometimes I open my safe just to clean them, so ease of cleaning means nothing to me. I want the QUIETEST one available (including FRP) if you have any other suggestions I am open. I do not care about Size or cost. The Element is just the best I found info on

SWR Spectre II is a good one without the FRP that monocores are known for. The baffles also prevent lead from getting on the tube so it is easy to take apart even after alot of shooting. Here is a comparison of the Spectre II, original Spectre, AAC Element, and Sparrow. I think the CTA baffles in the Spectre are worth it for ease of dis-assembly. I figured out that FRP was not much of a concern to me, and its not really noticeable when I shoot anyway and I doubt anyone that shot with me will think the FRP was noticeable. I also had my heart set on an Element, but re-considered and have loved my Sparrow. That said they are all great cans.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't care about cost, get a liberty essence. The difference in sound of the top tier cans is hardly noticeable. Liberty has wonderful customer service, and the essence is a work of art. It has less FRP than the sparrow and weighs much less than a spectre. If you need customer service on an AAC product, lord help you.

I changed my mind again, noone really had what I was looking for. I want movie quiet, not practical or cheap. The Element was close. I spent an hour on the phone with Liberty and Stalking Rhino talking about what I want out of a suppressor. This is what is proposed and what I am having Stalking Rhino build me...starting with the .22LR and then make one in 9mm and .45 after I receive the first. It is an all Titanium build dual tube:

Tube 1 contains 13 stacked baffles, is finned on the outside (something like a 1927a1 barrel), and in between the fins are mouseholes. lithium grease is placed bw the fins externally. outer diameter (less the fins) is 1"

ENDCAP

Tube 2: slides over tube 1, creating additional chambers bw the fins on tube 1. Inner Diameter is 1.25" (gives ~1/4x3/4" inch chambers through the mouseholes of the inner tube)

ENDCAP

Wipe goes on over end cap

ANOTHER ENDCAP over that

This allows me to fire without the use of wipes should I choose, without compromising exit hole diameter of the suppressor, and only requires a larger diameter over the second endcap containing the wipe
suppressor.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom