• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Define "truck gun"

Back on topic...For me a truck gun is a rifle. The old saying about the best use for a pistol is to fight your way to a rifle comes to mind. I carry my pistol on me because it's inconspicuous, light and more practical to carry than a rifle. I'm not Chuck Connors from "The Rifleman" TV show, who always had his trusty levergun in his right hand. So a car or truck, being an extension of the home, is a natural place to keep a rifle. So a truck gun serves the purpose of being a bigger, better gun to "get to" if needed while away from home.

I am torn between shotgun (Shockwave) or AR pistol. The Shockwave has more knock down power, and has 7 mini rounds, but of course the AR has 30.

f1.media.brightcove.com_8_77374810001_77374810001_184973918500a4b83c660b59f821c6f79398d526d52a.jpg

That’s far from the point, as my truck isn’t something I can easily stick in my pocket or a bag, to prevent theft. The point is, you creat a situation that’s more easily avoidable, by practicing good judgement, in not leaving a weapon in a vehicle, unattended. Nobody here in their right mind would leave loaded firearms unattended around young kids. Why, would you do the same in a vehicle?

Why would I leave a firearm in my truck all the time. Because I might need it. Some places my job takes such as police station, sheriff offices court houses won't allow firearms inside unless you are LEO. And there are many other reasons. Like it is hard to draw your edc with a seat belt on. I guess you think LEO are using bad judgement by leaving a rifle or shotgun in the potrol car. I cant keep all the firearms I own in my site or on my person 24/7. I keep most locked up. I guess you would be horrified that I Also have a dedicated night stand gun and a pump 12 I don't keep in the vault. Sorry pal, cause someone has a different approach to security than you doesn't make their approach wrong. Heck in D.C. they required you keep all your firearms locked up and unloaded even while you were at home. I guess you might want to consider a move to dc so you can be around people with better judgement..

I agree, any safe can be broken into. But, in that event, I at least took measures to make it harder for them .vs. leaving it in a vehicle, where a crackhead with 2 remaining brain cells can easily steal it

I keep my truck locked, it has am alarm, gun hidden. So I guess I take measures to make it harder also.

Are we legally allowed to have/posses a loaded long gun in our vehicle?
If you’re worried about the poaching law thing no long gun loaded which I’ve just heard wispered through the community and never took the time to care or research personally just rock an AR/AK pistol. That’s why I don’t care it’s all negligible now days. All my guns I roll with are loaded and piped up. SBR, Pistol, shotgun, firearm, well everything but the launcher ....

Back
Top Bottom