Dumping EVs, returning to gasoline powered vehicles.

Fantastic news for our neighborhood. RJ still has until 2030 to follow through. Now, what do we do with the $50 million road "improvements" DOT installed and the 2000 acre mudpit RJ left behind?

Isn’t there a huge SK industries factory already there? I delivered some equipment onsite a few years ago and it was a sprawling, massive complex before Rivian was even mentioned. The Rivian site looks to be a small piece of that complex.

Isn’t there a huge SK industries factory already there? I delivered some equipment onsite a few years ago and it was a sprawling, massive complex before Rivian was even mentioned. The Rivian site looks to be a small piece of that complex.
There are several industries on the south side of I-20 in an industrial park called Stanton Springs. Rivian has broken ground on the north side of 20 on a much larger scale.

Any neckbeard or Karen that buys an EV, then decides it really is crap, should have to use rapid transit for a year, before being allowed to own a real vehicle, again. JMHO
I say this about American made vehicles in general.

If EVs were solely market driven, they might be a good thing. However, with the government pushing things, it has as much credibility as that Fanni ho in Atlanta.
I say this about American made vehicles in general. They all got bailouts or loans.

As of 2020:
GM's subsidy - about $50.3 Billion
Fiat-Chrysler subsidy - about $17.6 Billion
Ford took out a loan, as as of 2020 still owed $5.9 Billion, and had about $33 Billion in Subsidies.
Tesla also got a bailout of about $0.4 Billion, and paid it back 9 years early.

To be fair, Tesla is also getting several billion to make their chargers work with everybody's EVs.

Then there's oil:
Exxon Mobile subsidy - about $1.02 Billion
Chevron subsidy - $117 million
Shell oil subsidy - about $1.8 billion

I say remove all the subsidies and let the best vehicle and technology win.

There are several industries on the south side of I-20 in an industrial park called Stanton Springs. Rivian has broken ground on the north side of 20 on a much larger scale.

That Stanton springs place blew me away. I can’t imagine another massive site nearby. That’s a mess.

Gonna be the fastest challenger ever. ICE doesn't stand a chance at making the raw power EV does. It's not even fair.
dodge-charger-daytona-srt-6452e63f94a61.jpg

Back
Top Bottom