EVs are NOT America's future!

View attachment 7212039

I loved watching them depart Miami International from the end of the runway or from Government cut... I was amazed by their small size when I drove my vehicle under the wing of one parked off to the side one day.
The new X-59 demonstrator:
1714793344163.png

Not an SST per se, but a testbed for 'quiet' supersonic flight. No cockpit glass, it's all 'virtual' with cameras and screens. Just like fly by wire that's pretty unnerving now, but will probably 'just the way it is' in 10 years. Assuming there's even human pilots then.

I think it's important to note that "the Vegans" did not start this discussion.

Instead, this discussion was started by someone who said the equivalent of "A person will never be able to live without eating meat". Only after that statement did "the Vegans" come out.

I am far from a vegan, but I will argue that a person can live as a vegan if they so choose. And in many cases, that diet would be far better for people than what they are eating now. However, I won't mandate anyone's diet.

Conversely, if I am ever approached by a vegan who tells me that veganism is the only way to eat healthy I will counter the inaccuracies in their arguments as well.
Man I thought you was coming out of left field with the vegan talk, but then I logged out to see who you were talking too. Now I realize why this thread looks like people are talking to themselves half the time. SirMenstratesAlot has me banned so I don't see any of his post unless I log out.

You can't see the forest through the trees. It's the same issue: SST commercial air travel never achieved critical mass because they couldn't overcome the economic issues, which were directly related to the physics of how SSTs work.

The same types of issues are looming for EVs. Raw materials and infrastructure needed on a massive scale. It's wildly expensive to build it. Low hanging fruit (like the New York to Paris first class air travel crowd) is now gone. The rest of the market is a much steeper hill.
Raw materials and infrastructure are keeping up with current demand. At some point in the future, they may not be able to any longer and the price of EV will become prohibitive. The same goes for fossil fuels, as well as the raw materials and infrastructure needed to produce an ICE vehicle.

The thing is, as demand increased, technology improves as well as infrastructure. If at some point EVs become no longer economically viable, an alternative market will emerge. This will no doubt occur, just like it did for the horse and buggy, steam engine, carbureted engines, and will eventually for all ICE vehicles. The question is, how long before it occurs. Many businessmen who know much more about the automotive market, demands, and resources are investing trillions of dollars into them since they believe there will be a profit to be made there for some time.

No doubt the demand tomorrow will not be met by the supply of today. That is true for any commodity.

I read something last year that discussed out power grid. It said that much of the time, our power plants are not operating anywhere near capacity... Our problem is less about capacity, and more about storage, because the demand fluctuates... I need to find that article, but it seemed plausible.

Did u know power from a damn is created all hours of the day/night

Once created, power must be consumed, stored or it is lost. Resulting in waste and zero value.

Think of all that power going to waste in the middle of the night. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a power wall and a car u can charge overnight and store so it is not wasted, lost or otherwise zero value

Once created, power must be consumed, stored or it is lost. Resulting in waste and zero value.

Think of all that power going to waste in the middle of the night. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a power wall and a car u can charge overnight and store so it is not wasted, lost or otherwise zero value
I have central air, as I’m sure many of us do, and according to my Georgia power bill, I’m using the **** out of electricity 24/7.
#doing my part.

So, instead of attacking Zeihan, using Elon as your club, why not address Zeihan's points in the video?

It's okay if you disagree, but let's hear the basis for your counter arguments: Rare earth mineral production? Grid capacity? Generation capacity? Net negative environmental impact of EVs?
I'm not a Zeihan fan in general, but I'd have to do some reading on the points he brought up in this video. Ad hominem arguments are easier than reading though.

I think governments and companies are going to continue to invest in EV come hell or high water. No idea what will come of it. Honda is dumping a lot of money into Canada for EV-related stuff.

Yeah but dam companies don't have the money and influence to control boomer news networks like big oil and ethanol companies do.

If you want these NPC's to think about something you have to tell them what to think, you can't expect them to do it on their own. And telling them what to think cost a lot money.

Yeah but dam companies don't have the money and influence to control boomer news networks like big oil and ethanol companies do.

If you want these NPC's to think about something you have to tell them what to think, you can't expect them to do it on their own. And telling them what to think cost a lot money.

Back
Top Bottom