• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ever used an accessory roof rack on passenger car?

Chris Mac

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
38   0
Reaction score
I'm driving to Seattle for a job (2700 miles). We get one household move out of the deal, so I'm saving that for when my wife and kids move out in May after school lets out. So whatever I can take with me needs to fit in the Altima.

I have to much stuff to fit in the car. Have any of you ever used those roof racks that tie down into your rain gutters? I want to put a few items up top in a waterproof roof bag. Any problems with the thing scratching up your paint or coming loose? Any tips you guys can share? I'm looking at the Walmart roof rack.

My dad had one he built out of oak wood and attached rubber suction cups to it along with straps, and the thing worked like a charm - but we always had the thing on a beater car and we didn't care if the roof got scratched. Obviously I'm a little concerned about the paint on my car.

Aside from that, my only other worry is transporting firearms - gotta go through IL but that have an email from the IL state police on what's acceptable. Friends have warned me GA plates attract attention.

Back
Top Bottom