• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ford Maverick Pickup

My dad ordered an XLT hybrid last year and it still hasn't been built yet, probably won't be delivered until next year, he is ordering a lariat on the open order time. He said when he gets his XLT he is probably selling it once he gets the lariat.

Over a year later, still no inventory. 🫤
To those of you that have them, how is the cabin noise? I'm looking for a commuter, that will need to one day cover interstate commuting, hopefully.
I tried to order one of these suckers over a year ago. No luck and the order window was very short. Did the next best thing and got a diesel 350 longbed. Same same right?

Attachments

• IMG_1996.jpeg
    IMG_1996.jpeg
    346.5 KB · Views: 26
It's smaller than a Ranger? What could you possibly haul with it. 2 cans of paint?

Well, I have to eat my hat. Just got a new company vehicle last week and it’s a Ford Maverick. So far I am impressed. It has the hybrid power train and I’m getting about 41 mpg. Have about 800 miles on it and on my second tank of gas. Rides a little rough but not uncomfortable. Interior is well thought out and comfortable. Nice tie downs in the bed and storage under the rear seat. Add a bed extender and it works well for weekend pickup “stuff”. It’s not a 1/2 ton pickup and not meant to compete with one. I’m not a Ford guy but would think seriously about buying one if I was looking for something new to commute in. Easier to get in and out of than a car, doesn’t cost $60k and sits higher in traffic.

Attachments

• IMG_2888.jpeg
    IMG_2888.jpeg
    376.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2885.jpeg
    IMG_2885.jpeg
    310.7 KB · Views: 17
Well, I have to eat my hat. Just got a new company vehicle last week and it’s a Ford Maverick. So far I am impressed. It has the hybrid power train and I’m getting about 41 mpg. Have about 800 miles on it and on my second tank of gas. Rides a little rough but not uncomfortable. Interior is well thought out and comfortable. Nice tie downs in the bed and storage under the rear seat. Add a bed extender and it works well for weekend pickup “stuff”. It’s not a 1/2 ton pickup and not meant to compete with one. I’m not a Ford guy but would think seriously about buying one if I was looking for something new to commute in. Easier to get in and out of than a car, doesn’t cost $60k and sits higher in traffic.
You kayak at work? That’s pretty sweet.

Back
Top Bottom