• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS 1998 BMW 328i

AKguy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-1998-bmw-328i.864484/
Item Name: FS 1998 BMW 328i

Zip Code: 30096

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $1,900 FIRM

Caliber: 2.8 liter I-6

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I bought this 328 from a BMW tech back in 2006 with around 186,000. Ever since then, it has been my daily driver and highway runner. It's not perfect, but for its age it's in overall fair shape. Current mileage is approaching 304,000 and subject to change as I drive this car 2 or 3 days a week (maybe less as I drive my truck more). I have most of the maintenance records dating back to ownership.

New/replaced parts include:

In the last 50,000 miles:
- Radiator
- Thermostat
- Tstat housing
- Water pump
- Coolant hoses
- Heater core and heater core valves
- Differential bushing
- Control arms
- Others I'm forgetting

In the last 10,000 miles:
- Tires
- Brake pads and front rotors
- Fuel pump
- Fuel pump relay
- Driveshaft and u-joints
- Valve cover gaskets
- Battery

Like I said, I have used this car as a daily driver for the last 8+ years. It has some cosmetic blemishes, but I have made every effort to ensure it is in great mechanical shape. I run nothing but 93 octane, change the oil every 3k to 4k with a synthetic blend. Heat and A/C work well. Cranks on command.

It does have some extras that include:
- 17 inch M5 replica wheels (slight curb rash on 3 of the 4)
- Clear corner ("Euro") turn signals in the front
- E36 M3 OEM/factory cat back exhaust
- Dinan cold air intake
- Dinan software flash/tune
- Window tint all around (although the tint on the front passenger side window is pretty fouled up at the bottom)

As far as the bad:
- Clear coat on hood is almost completely gone (has sort of a matte silver appearance)
- Headliner on sunroof is gone
- Steering wheel sometimes has a squeak in cold weather
- Passenger seat is stuck partially reclined (thanks to a fat person)
- Few minor rips/scratches in leather on driver seat and rear seat
- Leather wrap on steering wheel and shifter have deteriorated
- Radio currently inoperable as I lost the code, and it defaulted when I put the new battery in (easy fix, can take it by a BMW shop and they can have it working in no time, just need VIN and/or radio serial number)
- Digital odometer works, but sometimes displays only top or bottom of numbers
- Passenger side mirror is busted up from a hit and run

This BMW has been a great vehicle, and still runs like a scalded dog. But I just bought a new truck, in addition to my other vehicles. I have too many vehicles, and not enough room. Plus, paying insurance on 5 vehicle is hard to justify. Title is clean and clear, ready for transfer. Please feel free to ask any questions. If interested in viewing, please message me with your name, contact number, and a good time to reach you.

Pictures:
img_0056-jpg.343313

img_0058-jpg.343314

img_0059-jpg.343318

img_0060-jpg.343319

img_0065-jpg.343320

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom