• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

FS Browning A5 Barrels (Old, Used Rusty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMSproject

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
42   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Browning A5 Barrels (Old, Used Rusty)

Willing to Ship: YES... Will ship USPS Insured.

Item is for: Trade or SALE... (29.5" barrel is still available for $90.00 shipping included).

Trade Value or Items Looking For: Open for trade offers or Andrew Jacksons

Caliber: 12 Gauge

Item Description: I have two old Browning A5 12 gauge barrels that I want to get rid of (Shorter one has been sold). They are old, Made in Belgium and need to be reconditioned before use. They have seen better days and need to be cleaned of light to moderate rust and re-blued before use. They have no real collector value because of their "advanced" condition but with all this, they still have some value to a Browning person.

They are both non-ventilated barrels. I had posted that one was ventilated earlier by mistake.

Here is the info:

Both made in Belgium. (Shorter one has been sold)

(SOLD) Barrel 1 is 27.5" and has Choke 184 stamped under the barrel and has Modified 12 Special Steel on the right side and serial number is 105964 and has Browning Arms Company Ogden Utah on top of the barrel. Made in Belgium on the right side. The outside of the barrel is pretty rusty but the bore is not. It is actually pretty smooth and should shoot perfectly. Has front site bead but it is in bad shape.

(AVAILABLE) Barrel 2 is 29.5" and has a 185 choke mark under the barrel but not the word Choke. Has Special steel 12 ga shells 2 3/4 on the right side and serial number D7109. Made in Belgium on the right side. This barrel is not as rusty as the other one on the outside but has rust none the less. The bore is shiny on the inside of the barrel. Missing front site bead.

It is a shame that my dad let these barrels get rusty stored in a gun case in a non air conditioned house after my Grandfather died. Dang I thought he knew better. I have not attempted to remove any rust because I know that if not done properly that will totally destroy any remaining value.

Please scroll down for photos...

Last edited:
These barrels were take-off barrels from my grandfather's old Belgium made Browning A5 and I don't intend to fix them up but I hate to see them go to waste. The barrel that is on the shotgun currently is in great shape and will be kept on the shotgun.

The top barrel in each photo is the 27.5 inch barrel referred to as barrel 1 in my Original Post.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG

More photos in a few minutes.

I have a pending offer on the short barrel. The longer one is still available. These would be good for making a shortened Home Defense shotgun or you can refinish the barrel and use it so you won't mess up your nice factory barrel. Just remember to store the original barrel properly so they don't end up like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom