• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia South East GA  FS COLT M1991A1 Compact .45 Cal Tricked out by Travis Strahan

Condor214

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
2   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS COLT M1991A1 Compact .45 Cal Tricked out by Travis Strahan

Zip Code: 31406

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 1000.00

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: For sale is one of my holy grail safe queens:

If interested condor214ATaolDOTcom

Colt M1991A1, .45 cal, compact model (same size as the Colt Officers Model), tricked out by the late great gunsmith Travis Strahan of Ringgold, GA. Strahan passed away several yrs ago and was the gunsmith for the Army Marksmanship Unit around the 50s-60s and the inventor of the Accu-Lock, a method for accurizing .45 competition guns. He was a frequent name in firearm magazines in the 80s-90s. His tricked out .45s won a lot of pro competitions through the yrs.

Strahan .45s don't surface too often. You can do an internet search of firearm forums and find some threads/chatter about a few that collectors and shooters discuss.

This Colt was manufactured in 1994. It has the factory matte black phosphate finish.

It is in excellent condition and I have shot it a few times. I probably put a couple hundred ads through it. The trigger is light and crisp and it's extremely accurate.

It includes a set of Esmeralda Rosewood grips as well as the original hard rubber Colt factory grips with the Colt logo.

Includes two Colt factory magazines.

Strahan installed an adjustable trigger, an ambidextrous wide thumb safety, a steel mainspring housing, did some barrel/bushing fitment work, trigger work, and front grip strap stipling. The front grip stifling was one of his "signature" customizations and you see it on a lot of his tricked out .45s. The parts fitment is tight.

Also includes a generic padded hard case. This one did not include the factory Colt clamshell hard case--likely because once he installed the wide thumb safety it no longer would fit in the factory Colt plastic hard case.

The buyer must be 21 yrs of age and legally able to own a handgun.

I will drive a little to meet a potential buyer outside of the Savannah area.

No trades.

Pictures:
IMG_3892.jpeg
IMG_3893.jpeg
IMG_3894.jpeg
IMG_3889.jpeg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Wonder if you might have a Work Order or Invoice documenting the work that Mr. Strahan did to your Colt? Thanks
No paperwork. I bought it from an "old timer" collector, approx 17ish years ago, who consigned some of his collection to a gun shop in Atlanta. He was from N GA and claimed he knew the Strahan family. No paperwork is why my price is adjusted on the low end. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom