• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS FB1 Dog Proof Raccoon Traps

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4rod

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
Reaction score
I am selling 2 dog proof raccoon traps I bought from F&T Fur Harvesters Trading Post. They are the Freedom Brand FB1 raccoon traps.

They are a hollow cylinder with an internal trigger. You press in the back plate which has the attached heavy duty spring, and the trigger is automatically set. Put bait inside the cylinder trap and secure the trap. The racoon reaches in and grabs some bait to eat. It eventually reaches the trigger which springs the U shaped capture rod around its wrist. There are dual swivels on the chain. That allows freedom of movement by the captured animal, and won't harm it, in case you want to transport it and humanely release it far from your yard.

Will catch raccoons, opossums, and skunks that have opposing thumbs and can reach in to grab the trigger.

Can use fancy bait from trapping supply houses. But I've found the best bait to use is a mix of Halloween candy corn, mini marshmallows, and some fish flavored dry cat food. I put that dry mix inside the trap. Then I'll get a can of sardines in water, break them up into smaller pieces and sprinkle that on the ground around the outside of the trap for a good smelly attractant.

These are new traps. They've been in a box under my cabin in a crawl space and have a few rust spots on them. Can be easily cleaned up, oiled, or even painted, as I do some of my traps. I just don't use this model trap anymore.

I am selling the pair of these new traps for $15 cash FIRM at a face to face transaction in Blue Ridge, Georgia.

Thanks for looking,

Rod

Attachments

• 1000012545.jpg
    1000012545.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 1000005597.jpg
    1000005597.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back