• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT M1 Carbine Paratrooper - Alpine 30 Caliber Carbine

nagant1984

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...paratrooper-alpine-30-caliber-carbine.902453/
Item Name: FS/FT M1 Carbine Paratrooper - Alpine 30 Caliber Carbine

Zip Code: 30312

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: reduced to $899
Trade Value or Items Looking For: prefer cash but will entertain trade offers. Looking mainly for:
Nice AR15 with floated quad rail, Bullpup in 556, PSL or any other druganov variant, Tokorev rifle or other 7.62x54R shooters, mosin m38, Hakim, Swiss k31 carbine, M1 Garand, long range .308 bolt action rifle (Remington 700 or Savage 110 with tactical stock) lee Enfield, Nagant Pistols, Springfield 1903, German Luger, Japanese Arisaka, Other Milsurp weapons. Can add or accept cash to create a fair trade with a swap. Not looking for shotguns, revolvers (unless it's a Nagant) or hunting rifles. Thanks for looking.

Caliber: 30 Caliber Carbine

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description:

So I bought this on a whim at the gun show and forgot that I have a stockpile of other caliber so... This thing is just going to rot in the safe since I don't plan to stockpile .30 cal carbine ammo. Beautiful M1 Carbine with Paratrooper folding stock. This is an Alpine model. This is a post WW2 1960s model created for a short while by Alpine. It has the bayo lug and is completely milspec. The paratrooper stock is also milspec and is a beautiful reproduction.

For the right deal, can add 4 genuine world war two era GI 15 round mags and a Korean War GI issue magazine pouch.

Pictures:
img_3451-jpg.401851

img_3452-jpg.401852

img_3453-jpg.401853

img_3455-copy-jpg.401854

Last edited:
As I mentioned in the description, I'm pretty confident this is not an original paratrooper model but has a post war stock. Hence the fair price I'm asking. An original paratrooper would be worth much more. I've seen these 50s mods like mine go for $1,500 at gun shows. I've seen the kind of guys trying to pass repro stocks off as original and genuine issue and saying they picked the rifle right out the dead hands of their buddy on Normandy beach... Not trying to represent that nonsense here at all.

The stock has no markings except under the pistol grip. I've snapped a photo. I can't really make out what the symbols mean. I know a lot more about Mosins and Mausers than these carbines.

I haven't had a chance to shoot this yet. Have to order the ammo. The action cycles very smooth and seems in great working order. I cleaned and used CLP to freshly oil the action. Zero rust on the gun and don't see any putting. Rifling looks very good. The barrel is not shot out. I just picked up 8 mags for it yesterday from a vendor at the RK show but they need serious cleaning. They are USGI surplus unissued mags that sat around forever and have rust on them and need to be cleaned up. These original mags go for $15 - $20 each in many circles. Also includes the oiler and sling.

Here's some more photos of the stock and parts as requested. Pretty tough to get the little details in the shot but let me know if you have any other questions and I'll do my best to answer or snap more photos you want.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 49
Let's make a deal here. Want to fund a new purchase and would love to see this one go to a good home. Make me an offer. Also interested in other milsurp items.

Back
Top Bottom