• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

GMC 2500HD Duramax as a daily driver?

why not? i have had 2 as daily's .. you ever have one?
Assuming you're trying to reply to me, I'd want something more economical for daily use if I didn't need a truck for that. This is probably perfect for towing a trailer and doing actual truck stuff.

And, no, I have never owned a GM product in my life (never will), though I've driven quite a few.

I’ve considered jumping over to a 24 AT4 or Denali but I have heard some horrible stuff about their transmissions, made by or with Ford… I drive a 22 platinum F250 now and I wish Toyota made a 3/4 ton diesel because ALL this new stuff American made stuff is junk.

Assuming you're trying to reply to me, I'd want something more economical for daily use if I didn't need a truck for that. This is probably perfect for towing a trailer and doing actual truck stuff.

And, no, I have never owned a GM product in my life (never will), though I've driven quite a few.
yea i was asking. i get it if you are basing off a powerstroke. you gotta bulletproof tham everyyear and they get 12mpg. i personally have owned two duramax's and have a collective 700+k on them. both as daily trucks.
pro's
better fuel economy over a comparable gas model
cheaper maintenance over a comparable gas model (yes they are more expensive to repair, but break less.)
longer life span over a comparable gas model
remember the duramax/allison is a over the road engine combo. not a international combine motor converted to a truck (powerstroke) or a light duty trans bolted to the best small diesel (cummins)
its a proven million mile set up. ( all but the seats)
cons
the seats tear up
tons of power
comfortable ride
plenty of room
GM model available in Denali so a escalade with a bed and towing...
wait, these are pros as well

I've had small, 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton. I'm talking about the entire picture. Insurance, tag, tires ect, ect. All cost involved. If you're talking gas vs gas and so on. Yes I do like diesels, I own one of those too. Actually a car and a truck. Diesels in the same class vs gas usually get 50% better fuel mileage. I've had small 4x4s getting @ 20mpg. The 86 F150 302, 2 wheel drive was around the same. I have two big block 3/4 ton 4x4s, the Ford gets @ 13 in town and 16 hwy. The GMC is less than the Ford. Then I have a Dodge Cummins 5.9 4X4 4 door, gets @ 20+. Gets small truck mileage with big truck performance. Then a 92 Mercedes 300 2.5L, gets 36+ mpg. The gassers, I change the oil every 3k and diesels, every 5k. Miles on vehicles @ 75-80k to nearly 400k and counting
i am working on a tdi swap in my 85 nissan 720. i will be able to drive to Fla on 10 gal of fuel....

yea i was asking. i get it if you are basing off a powerstroke. you gotta bulletproof tham everyyear and they get 12mpg. i personally have owned two duramax's and have a collective 700+k on them. both as daily trucks.
pro's
better fuel economy over a comparable gas model
cheaper maintenance over a comparable gas model (yes they are more expensive to repair, but break less.)
longer life span over a comparable gas model
remember the duramax/allison is a over the road engine combo. not a international combine motor converted to a truck (powerstroke) or a light duty trans bolted to the best small diesel (cummins)
its a proven million mile set up. ( all but the seats)
cons
the seats tear up
tons of power
comfortable ride
plenty of room
GM model available in Denali so a escalade with a bed and towing...
wait, these are pros as well

I don't own a diesel so this may be a stupid question. But whats the cost of the DEF stuff and how often do you have to add it? And why isn't it just already in diesel fuel at the pump?

Back
Top Bottom