• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Handgun brands and models to avoid?

Carry what ever your like. If the tiniest slimiest hands you do end up using it, you will get it back eventually. You losing your firearm to the police should not be a concern when carrying for defense. Carry the best quality gun AND ammunition you can afford.

****, I traded more glocks off than anything.. Trade fodder! Glocks trade away in your favor usually.

I can't see anything traded for my Glock to be in my favor. I don't care how much more the other gun is worth, they are getting a Glock, that will forever hold it's value and do it's duty when called upon. I'm not gonna lie, I traded a Kimber for a BNIB Glock 34 and I thought I made out like a bandit. I got rid of that heavy hunk of metal crap that occasionally failed if the mag I was using wasn't perfect, I used a certain type of ammo that it didn't like or every so often would just stovepipe for no reason, just like EVERY other 1911 I've ever had (from Rock Islands to Colts, I've never owned multi thousand dollar 1911s and never will). That is why I trust Glocks, along with S&W M&Ps, XDs, Kahrs and Rugers in the lower price range. To me the most reliable handguns you can buy fall into the $350 to $500 range. I know Sigs and HKs are great but I hate the way an HK feels and I'm not fond of heavy Sigs (I do love the 238, 938). Happy shopping and shooting. Hope I helped a little. Sorry about the heavy Glock bias but I just can't understand ever paying more for less.

I have traded all sorts of guns and have gone back and forth between revolvers and semi's but I always have at least one Glock in the collection ALWAYS!

High point should always be out of the question, along with Jennings
But there are a few things to consider, like what is the purpose?
Ruger makes a great concealable gun with the lcp, it's around 3,
Glock makes the perfect gun for everything above that.
If it's only for the nightstand, a s&w sigma should do the trick, for around 3.

really?
i will put my Hi Point up aganist your gun any day.

the question should be "what are the best carry guns" not necessarily whom to avoid. some name brands have budget offerings which aren't that great, such as the SW Sigma.

here are some of my suggestions for great carry guns:
pocket carry: Taurus TCP
subcompact, slim: MP Shield
compact: Ruger SR9c, Glock 19/23

don't shy away from Taurus, they are a decent brand. most of the haters have never owned one. if you google any brand, you will find they've ALL had problems. but its a good idea to stay from the "saturday night" specials that sell for under $150: Jennings, bryco, cobra, etc.

Don't mean to stir up things but I've owned three Taurus handguns and they were all a big headache. They do have a lifetime warranty which you WILL need. I'm a forgiving man and that's why I owned three because I always heard rumors that they got better. One example is I hade a pt145 and after every shot the mag fell out, very embarassing at the range. Taurus fixed it just in time for me to hurl it off a bridge because no one would buy it including a firearm store and range in Marietta who "will not buy or sell anything Taurus because they break too much." That is an exact quote by the way. If someone has a Taurus and they go bang I am happy for them but for me and my house we treat them as doorstops.

Don't mean to stir up things but I've owned three Taurus handguns and they were all a big headache. They do have a lifetime warranty which you WILL need. I'm a forgiving man and that's why I owned three because I always heard rumors that they got better. One example is I hade a pt145 and after every shot the mag fell out, very embarassing at the range. Taurus fixed it just in time for me to hurl it off a bridge because no one would buy it including a firearm store and range in Marietta who "will not buy or sell anything Taurus because they break too much." That is an exact quote by the way. If someone has a Taurus and they go bang I am happy for them but for me and my house we treat them as doorstops.

Which Bridge and how long ago? ;)

I can't see anything traded for my Glock to be in my favor. I don't care how much more the other gun is worth, they are getting a Glock, that will forever hold it's value and do it's duty when called upon. I'm not gonna lie, I traded a Kimber for a BNIB Glock 34 and I thought I made out like a bandit. I got rid of that heavy hunk of metal crap that occasionally failed if the mag I was using wasn't perfect, I used a certain type of ammo that it didn't like or every so often would just stovepipe for no reason, just like EVERY other 1911 I've ever had (from Rock Islands to Colts, I've never owned multi thousand dollar 1911s and never will). That is why I trust Glocks, along with S&W M&Ps, XDs, Kahrs and Rugers in the lower price range. To me the most reliable handguns you can buy fall into the $350 to $500 range. I know Sigs and HKs are great but I hate the way an HK feels and I'm not fond of heavy Sigs (I do love the 238, 938). Happy shopping and shooting. Hope I helped a little. Sorry about the heavy Glock bias but I just can't understand ever paying more for less.

My ole Trusty Colt Government 1911 (1918) has thrown only God knows how many thousands of rds Down Range and Probably War. Never has it failed me or my father that had it before me. I also have a SIG P239 .40s&w and a Stoeger Cougar 9mm, both of these are fine weapons. I'll sell my house and everything I own before I'd sell or lose my Colt. The best advise I can say is stay away from the Cheap, flashy ones. Most of those Brands have been called out. Go to a GOOD Gun show and FONDLE everything you can get your hands on. Composite Guns I hate. They all feel Cheap, top heavy and I've never held one that felt comfortable in my hands. And that my friend is a BIG +, what feels comfortable to You.

Back
Top Bottom