Has anyone had any experience sending firearms to Ruger to be worked on?

Troy Brown

Space Force Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
ODT Junkie!
47   0
Reaction score
I have a Ruger LCR 357 that I want to have the cylinder checked out, but I am hesitant to take that step and send it.
I know I have to call customer service first and get in line.
And I don't know if anyone around here that does that work local. ... (let me know if you do....I would rather do that than send it through UPS or FedEx)

Not Ruger but I did send a pistol to Taurus for repair and Taurus paid for the shipping and all I did was package it and drop it at Fedex and Taurus arranged everything. You need to talk with Ruger.....I hope this helps....

Yes, give them a call and tell them your concerns. If they think it’s worth having a look at, they’ll give you instructions on how to send it to them. I’ve done it twice. Easy process.

In 1986 I sent a Ruger 77 rifle back because it wouldn't shoot any ammo inside of 1 1/2" groups. According to Ruger that's acceptable accuracy for a hunting rifle. Ruger rifles are dependable on feed and function but won't win any rifle matches.

Call them and talk to customer service. If they think it's an issue they will send a pre-paid label for you to send it back with.

One thing though, they only do that if you are the original owner in most cases now. It used to be they would do that for any Ruger. So they may need a copy of your receipt if they are paying the frieght.

In 1986 I sent a Ruger 77 rifle back because it wouldn't shoot any ammo inside of 1 1/2" groups. According to Ruger that's acceptable accuracy for a hunting rifle. Ruger rifles are dependable on feed and function but won't win any rifle matches.
Rifles (including Ruger) have come a long way since the 80s. Just look at how bad the old Mini-14s used to be.

I'm not sure what distance you were getting those groups at, but even if it was only 50 yards a 3 MOA hunting rifle using factory ammo was about as good as you were going to get for Ruger money.

Back
Top Bottom