Help needed

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
hey folks,

In a bit of a pickle and I need some advice/help please.
I traded my ar for a boat through Facebook(obviously a mistake, I know). Took the boat out the next day and it was leaky, flooded in about five minutes. I texted the guy and he was very apologetic and said he would do me right. Needless to say the last few days I have tried to work something out and he has been super flaky and sketch. He hasn't responded to my texts or calls in two days at all. On top of that, when I went to register it (before I knew about the leaks), turns out the registration number doesn't even match the boat model and the bill of sales he gave me is worthless because the boat is in his friends name not his. I have his home address but I am not trying to not have the situation escalate in his driveway.

I don't know what recourse I have at this point but I have been sick over this for days.

Please help.
Caleb
@heavyd @N Cochran Ken Ford Ken Ford

hey folks,

In a bit of a pickle and I need some advice/help please.
I traded my ar for a boat through Facebook(obviously a mistake, I know). Took the boat out the next day and it was leaky, flooded in about five minutes. I texted the guy and he was very apologetic and said he would do me right. Needless to say the last few days I have tried to work something out and he has been super flaky and sketch. He hasn't responded to my texts or calls in two days at all. On top of that, when I went to register it (before I knew about the leaks), turns out the registration number doesn't even match the boat model and the bill of sales he gave me is worthless because the boat is in his friends name not his. I have his home address but I am not trying to not have the situation escalate in his driveway.

I don't know what recourse I have at this point but I have been sick over this for days.

Please help.
Caleb
@heavyd @N Cochran Ken Ford Ken Ford

The only thing that may save you, is that he sold a boat that was not his, and that the registration # was incorrect. You may have both a civil and criminal case to file.

He sold you something that did not belong to you. That is your saving grace.
The transaction conducted over Facebook is your own fault.
Will he get fined and or jailed? possibly.
Will you get your gun back? hopefully, if the police find it.

This was my last message to him about 20 minutes ago:

After taking this over with my lawyer if you do not make this right this weekend I will be filing a police report Monday morning for theft by deception and filing suit in your county for fraudulent sale. This is your last chance to make this right before it becomes a much bigger hassle and a much more expensive issue for you

Don't know if anything will come of it but if not I guess I'll be filing my first suit on Monday. His info is below, if anybody knows him please encourage him to make this right.

https://m.facebook.com/josh.nash.376

Back
Top Bottom