How did you meet your wife?

Cool thread.
I had known my future wife casually for a few years. She was a friend of my SIL and we occasionally showed up at the same events but had never really spoken or interacted much. She was way out of my league anyway.
We both went to a high school wrestling tournament one weekend. I arrived late and couldn't find a good place to sit. She hollered at me and said I could come sit next to her so I did.
We talked and I told that girl dirty jokes for the next 2 hours and kept her laughing the whole time. Before I left I asked her out and the next weekend we went on our first date and have been together ever since.
Now she's terminally ill and on home hospice. I care for her 24 hours a day and will for as long as God sees fit to leave her with me. They gave her less than six months and that was over 3 years ago. She can't speak but she knows I'm here supporting and loving her. She's been my best friend and partner for 4 decades and I can't imagine what my world will be like without her.
That's enough, I'm getting my phone screen wet.
Like I said...cool thread.
God bless you both thank you for your story

Dated in college, her grandma died in Ohio during my final exams, she went to Ohio for a week and I went to Ft Sill for OBC, did not see her for 30 years. Both married other people, divorced.
Met again at a charity event and took her for good! Married 7 years this year.

Responded to a call at her work (Piggly Wiggly), one day. Saw her cashiering but didn’t have time to get those digits. Went back a few times over the next couple of weeks and she wasn’t working. Finally found her working, went through her line 2 times that shift and chatted her up just a bit, before finally going in right before they closed and asking for her number. After getting it I called my best friend, and beat partner, to tell him I’d found the one (I was a bit of a player back then). That was Jan 2005.

We’ve been married just shy of 12 years now. Together nearly 19.

She is My Eveything!

I was doing work for her aunt while on break during grad school. Her aunt was always trying to set me up - she is one one of those older ladies that will annoy you into compliance. Apparently she was on the back end doing the same to her niece about me, so her niece caved to the pressure and called me…. Married 24 years now.

Back
Top Bottom