how many rounds does this person need?

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
I mean really NEED, not "the Number of rounds I would like to have on hand if my budget were unlimited and ammo selection was excellent at all sorts of retail and online stores."

Suppose a complete newbie who never owned a gun before decides to buy a gun for the first time ever. She's on a very limited budget and can only afford a couple hundred dollars for everything --the gun, all of its accessories, and all of its ammunition.
She probably can't afford to go to the range more than once shortly after she buys the gun she will shoot it a little bit at the range and then she intends to put it away and not fire it again for many years. (Although maybe you could convince her to do some dry fire practice, because that's free.)

Suppose the only ammunition she can find for the gun that she thinks is best for her costs a dollar a round for cheap range ammo and five dollars per round for good defense of expanding-bullet ammo.

How much ammo should she buy and have on hand for her one and only defensive firearm?

I would rather have more than I need than need more than I have.

She should definitely plan on more shooting and training to be reasonably proficient in the event she does need to fire it in anger.
At least a box, quarterly? Keep a couple hundred rounds on hand at all times, replace what you shoot training immediately.
Remember what you call an unloaded gun...
A club.

I had eight rounds in my everyday carry and hopefully they last for the rest of my life!
the revolver that stays in my truck has rat shot in the first 2 cylinders. i'm more concerned with no shoulders than i am people. the next 4 are jacketed hollow point and the one in my house is all JHP.

I mean really NEED, not "the Number of rounds I would like to have on hand if my budget were unlimited and ammo selection was excellent at all sorts of retail and online stores."

Suppose a complete newbie who never owned a gun before decides to buy a gun for the first time ever. She's on a very limited budget and can only afford a couple hundred dollars for everything --the gun, all of its accessories, and all of its ammunition.
She probably can't afford to go to the range more than once shortly after she buys the gun she will shoot it a little bit at the range and then she intends to put it away and not fire it again for many years. (Although maybe you could convince her to do some dry fire practice, because that's free.)

Suppose the only ammunition she can find for the gun that she thinks is best for her costs a dollar a round for cheap range ammo and five dollars per round for good defense of expanding-bullet ammo.

How much ammo should she buy and have on hand for her one and only defensive firearm?
I wonder how many on here have ever had to discharge their weapon in self defence.Sorry not counting law enforcement.I know we have some tough guy's sitting behind their computer but killing someone is a little harder.Just my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom