• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How would you handle this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think you're right. I'm a Christian until I disagree with you, then I shoot you. Merica! Well that and I'm playing a little devil's advocate. I mean yeah I know in a situation like that people probably can't be trusted, I'm not naive. But, I always find it funny when people make a point to mention their Christian beliefs but in the same sentence say that they would be willing to kill somebody instead of help them in a scenario like that. I don't remember the Bible verse where Jesus talks about helping the needy unless they get to close then you get to kill them. :shrug:
Every place the gospel takes hold the people in that area change it to mirror their culture. Our culture was established by and through violence therefore we can justify not helping and even killing our neighbor instead of loving them as you would yourself. Unless you hate yourself which is also prevalent in our culture.

and there you go with the flower references. You can hide in the dream house.

Some people are fun to debate with and some are just idiots. Care to guess what category you fit in?
Would love to continue this, but instead of counting ammo and cans of corn in my cave I need to go to
work in the morning. Be happy to play again tomorrow.

Some people are fun to debate with and some are just idiots. Care to guess what category you fit in?
Would love to continue this, but instead of counting ammo and cans of corn in my cave I need to go to
work in the morning. Be happy to play again tomorrow.

Yeah I think you're right. I'm a Christian until I disagree with you, then I shoot you. Merica! Well that and I'm playing a little devil's advocate. I mean yeah I know in a situation like that people probably can't be trusted, I'm not naive. But, I always find it funny when people make a point to mention their Christian beliefs but in the same sentence say that they would be willing to kill somebody instead of help them in a scenario like that. I don't remember the Bible verse where Jesus talks about helping the needy unless they get to close then you get to kill them. :shrug:

it does say "love your enemy" but Jesus asked the 12 disciples if they had a sword. They had 2 and he said that's enough. You do NOT hunt with a sword, it was the equivalent to a pistol. 2 swords for 12 desciples suggest some protect many to me. "Love your enemy" and "don't cast pearls on swine"

just sayin

Last edited:
it does say "love your enemy" but Jesus asked the 12 disciples if they had a sword. They had 2 and he said that's enough. You do NOT hunt with a sword, it was the equivalent to a pistol. 2 swords for 12 desciples suggest some protect many to me. "Love your enemy" and "don't cast pearls on swine"

just sayin
And then when Peter cut the ear off of a soldier Jesus healed it and told Peter those that live by the sword die by the sword. Then these men, after Jesus ascended, were persecuted to the death and there is no record of them fighting back.

"Just saying"

Just offered a different side. As He hung on the cross He prayed for forgiveness for those that tortured Him to death. I'm sure I woulda "died by the sword"

And then when Peter cut the ear off of a soldier Jesus healed it and told Peter those that live by the sword die by the sword. Then these men, after Jesus ascended, were persecuted to the death and there is no record of them fighting back.

"Just saying"

Exactly this. I love a good what if scenario like everybody else, but yeah I don't go so far as to fantasize about getting to kill my fellow man. I'm fully OK with it if it's a real self defense situation, but somebody coming to your camp asking for help isn't a green light to shoot in my humble opinion.

When I started this post I really never expected people to act like a bunch of immature juveniles but that is exactly what happened. BTW, being Christian should not be looked at as a crutch. We still have the responsibility to protect ourselves and our loved ones. Just because I'm a Christian does not mean that I should needlesly put my wife and children in harms way by giving food to someone who's intentions may good. A person has to trust their gut, read their body language, listen to what they say and how they say it then decide if you should give them food and water. It's common sense and not Rocket Science.

I'm closing this thread. I have the answers I wanted and some good advice. But some answers I really did not need and advice that is well, just plain juvenile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom