• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I just shot my foot

PartyWithArty

Army Icon Supporter
The Name’s James, James Bond.
42   0
Reaction score
In light of another member ND post I thought I’d share with the classroom mine. Back in 2012-2013 I was stationed in Washington state at fort lewis( JBLM). One Saturday morning after a CRAZY month( I was involved in a fight at hooters, a fight at the barracks) I wanted a peaceful weekend. I picked up a buddy from on post housing and we loaded up some guns and he kissed his wife goodbye and we started our long road trip to Aberdeen.

I met a guy who has a store and range up there and he was pretty cool.We drive for several hours and within 5 miles of the range he decided to show me his recoil spring. No idea why. He racks the slide back and chambers another rd( forgets to drop mag) and I hear a bang. Shoot’s himself in the foot with a .40 HP rd. My ears are ringing, I hope it’s blanks and it was a prank. I see some smoke… I then see blood. We throw a tourniquet to stop the bleeding. Luckily for us EMS was cruising around. We stopped them and they called an ambulance and officer.

I call his NCO and explain to him he shot himself. He said hed reach out to my buddy’s wife. Goober forgets he grabbed the truck keys so his wife and baby had no transportation. I have to drive hours back to base to deliver his keys so his wife could drive up to the on base hospital. She wasn’t told what happened so I had to explain to her the situation. Didn’t get to go to the range that weekend. Definitely was not peaceful. I can laugh at it now.
This event could have been a lot worse but could have been a lot better. This is why I harp on firearms safety. Just wanted to share.

Attachments

• IMG_8752.jpeg
    IMG_8752.jpeg
    977 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_8755.jpeg
    IMG_8755.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_8756.jpeg
    IMG_8756.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_8754.jpeg
    IMG_8754.jpeg