I received a gun, I did not agree to in a trade...

Gordon Freeman

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
137   0
Reaction score
So, I set up a meet earlier today with another veteran member here. He's a firefighter. He hit me up for my Beretta 90-Two. We chatted on text. He made an offer, and I agreed. The offer was fair. As they all have been so far with every person I've dealt with here. This is a great group of people here.

We setup a meeting halfway convenient for both of us at the local Kroger. I met up with him. He shows up on time, we chat. I had a great conversation with him. Heck, I forget to even inspect his gun until later. At some point I do. I break it down, look at it. I forget how to put it back together, lol. Got it now. Has some imperfections, but it's a great gun. And it was a CZ, so you know I'm a sucker for those. We shake hands, and agree to trade.

But....

Before I got into my car. He tells me to hold on a second. I do. And he gets into his car, and digs through it, then pulls out a rifle. Tells me something about doing something to me, that someone did to him. So...I was like, ok. Should I be worried? No. He pulls out this M44. Then hands it over to me. And tells me it's mine. Yeah...it's mine now. As in, he just gave it to me. For no reason, other than he wanted to give it to me as a thanks. A thanks for a nice conversation. I mean, I've received free ammo, or a holster, but a rifle!?

I was basically floored. I was happy. I was grateful. I was looking for something in my car to give this man of equal value. The gesture of this member was truly a gift to me. I was in presence of a guy, who never met me before, and he decided that I should have a Mosin M44. Something I've never owned, or shot before.

I was truly humbled. And I want to personally thank you. Thank you ODT, and thank God for this. I have never received such gift. And I will cherish this moment as a reminder of how there still are some wonderful people out there.

I didn't agree to this "trade" but I got it anyways.

God bless you all.

Here she is:

0506152140a.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom