• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I stopped by American Heritage today

Hasselhoss

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
168   0
Reaction score
I decided to stop by American Heritage in Mcdonough today....

1) Very nice and clean
2) Staff was friendly
3) Range was beautiful
4) They have no guns. Their huge building was filled with display cases with 1-2 handguns in each. Seriously, if they had 20 handguns for sale in the entire store I would be surprised.
5) Gun prices on the few guns they did have were ridiculously high. I was seriously surprised at the Century CZ clone for $519.00. I have seen these for $269 at other shops. Their stripped Anderson lowers were $99.
6) An employee was sitting at the counter taking 22lr out of a Remington "Bucket of Bullets" from Academy an putting them in ziplock bags for $10 per 50. I asked the guy about it and he said "It's the going rate or 22lr now"

Last edited:
They will be out of business by the end of the year. The place is always empty and everyone knows they are hoarding all of the .22 LR ammo that comes into Academy and Gander Mountain.

I stopped by there last week and it was the same way, except no bags of .22lr. When I asked about the lack of guns he said they had let it run low because they ordered heavy at the Shot Show.

I stopped by there last week and it was the same way, except no bags of .22lr. When I asked about the lack of guns he said they had let it run low because they ordered heavy at the Shot Show.

I asked the same question and they said it was because they were moving their jewelry store into the building and needed space.

Darn, I wonder which one it is, or is it both? Is it the same group that used to own "On the Square" in McDonough? Or at least I think that was what it was called. Last time it I was in that place was during the panic and they were asking $2500.00 for an AR's......and people were paying it.

The center of the store is all jewelry now. They also said they were low on inventory because people were buying guns faster than they could reorder
Interesting; so I can get some range time in and then swing by the jewelry counter to update my Prince Albert piercing with the latest diamond stud offerings? Might be a good biz model :noidea:

Back
Top Bottom