• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Infractions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all depends. The previous explanations are pure BS.

Some expire in a couple years, some in 2 days, some in 8.5 months. Depends on the mood of the guy hitting the button.

I believe he is referring to custom infractions which can be given for just about anything. The expiration dates of custom infractions are arbitrary and completely up to the discretion of the moderator that exacts them, ranging anywhere from 1 day to 10 years. Or am I wrong?

Yes and no. While the expiration on a custom infraction does have to be entered when you give it, so it technically could be for anything, it does still need to follow the same pattern as everything else, so no it's not up to the discretion of the mod giving it. I could technically give you a custom infraction for wearing an ugly shirt and make it expire in 10 years, but all you'd need to do would be start a thread in private help asking for it to be reviewed and it would be. We don't use custom infractions all that often, and the point of them is just to address the fringe stuff that we don't have a pre formatted infraction for, not to give mods free reign to just do whatever they feel like on an infraction.

Yes and no. While the expiration on a custom infraction does have to be entered when you give it, so it technically could be for anything, it does still need to follow the same pattern as everything else, so no it's not up to the discretion of the mod giving it. I could technically give you a custom infraction for wearing an ugly shirt and make it expire in 10 years, but all you'd need to do would be start a thread in private help asking for it to be reviewed and it would be. We don't use custom infractions all that often, and the point of them is just to address the fringe stuff that we don't have a pre formatted infraction for, not to give mods free reign to just do whatever they feel like on an infraction.
Like giving a full 3 points and a hat for a meme of Ron Burgundy?

Custom indeed.

Yeah, sometimes custom is just dumb as hell.

[Broken External Image]:

Oh good, just when I thought we'd thoroughly beaten that horse.

If you want to discuss a specific infraction, private help is the proper venue.
No need for a private discussion. Nothing will change. Just one of those custom things. Perhaps a moderator shouldn't give infractions they are so ashamed of that they can only be discussed privately.

I believe he is referring to custom infractions which can be given for just about anything. The expiration dates of custom infractions are arbitrary and completely up to the discretion of the moderator that exacts them, ranging anywhere from 1 day to 10 years. Or am I wrong?
what he said

Oh good, just when I thought we'd thoroughly beaten that horse.

If you want to discuss a specific infraction, private help is the proper venue.
I asked if OS could review a bs infraction where I got a call out for quoting someone in private help. After three months of no review, I said the hell with it and closed thread. Real helpful over there in private help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom