Is a J frame enough

I carried a J-Frame for a while and liked it but I now carry a G19 because I'm more accurate and capacity is much better. I hope I never need to pull my pistol and use it in defense but with that being said I really hope I never need more than 5 shots but I like knowing that I have more if the situation ever called for it. I know I will probably miss under stress and want more opportunities to stop the threat if that happened. Just my thoughts on it.

Is a J-frame enough

Perhaps,

I have slid a j-frame fairly often with a speed loader in the pocket. I was always aware of my limits and never had to test them.

#1 rule should be followed when legal, every home chicken has a plan, at least until that first bullet get's sent. Never seen anyone honestly actually ready to take a bullet. Most tend to avoid it and I'd use it to one's benefit.

Last edited:
I do not reload.
www.hunt101.com_data_500_medium_009215.JPG

Obviously some of you never watched "Barnaby Jones". That guy could bail out of a moving car, chase a perp across a city park, fire his J frame off-hand at a distance of 200-300+ yards and take the guys leg out. J frames are super accurate.

Obviously some of you never watched "Barnaby Jones". That guy could bail out of a moving car, chase a perp across a city park, fire his J frame off-hand at a distance of 200-300+ yards and take the guys leg out. J frames are super accurate.

Not to mention he could fire 10-15 times without having to reload....

I have an old Model 60 that's stuck with me longer than any carry piece before.

It's absolutely adequate for my everyday carry. I usually carry a .380 auto now, only because it's a bit more comfortable and fits easily in my back pocket.

Dad always said that if the seven rounds in his 1911 weren't sufficient to solve a problem, he never should have been there to begin with. I think the same logic applies here.

I carried a J-Frame for a while and liked it but I now carry a G19 because I'm more accurate and capacity is much better. I hope I never need to pull my pistol and use it in defense but with that being said I really hope I never need more than 5 shots but I like knowing that I have more if the situation ever called for it. I know I will probably miss under stress and want more opportunities to stop the threat if that happened. Just my thoughts on it.

Do you practice under stress?

I carry an LCR with a speedstrip. Sometimes I carry a S&W Model 12 with a speedloader but I always have the LCR.

I have considered adding a 642 to my 60 as a quicker reload. One of the other bonuses is a j frame points naturally me. I also find the DA trigger slows me down. I did this a good thing. If I have 16 I feel I should use them if I have 5 I make them count. Yes I know it's a software issue

Back
Top Bottom