• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is it bad taste?

I served in the Army and it has always bothered me a bit when I see someone wearing the PT shirts, not enough to ever say something. The PT shirt and shorts are military issue uniforms and, in my opinion, should only be worn by those who served. To me, it is a way of identifying a fellow brother, or sister, in arms.

PT shirts? Nah, not a problem. Just don't go running around in jacked-up blues like that wannabe SGM and you'll be okay.

I don't like it, but I don't spend a lot of time worrying about it. I don't like the NYPD, NYFD, etc. shirts and caps if you aren't actually one either. I don't even like those things that represent a branch of government based on a TV show like CSI, NCIS, etc. I don't even like the t-shirts that say SECURITY, etc. if you aren't one. I will wear an ODT t-shirt though, because I are one.

This really bothers me.....
Obama USMC.jpg

I served in the Army and it has always bothered me a bit when I see someone wearing the PT shirts, not enough to ever say something. The PT shirt and shorts are military issue uniforms and, in my opinion, should only be worn by those who served. To me, it is a way of identifying a fellow brother, or sister, in arms.

I spent 6 years in the army and if anyone wore the banana yellow PT uniform WE had to wear I'd laugh my ass off. The uniform becomes a uniform to me when it is worn properly in part or whole and suggests membership. Besides there are a thousand T-shirt designs that say Army on them that have been worn as PT uniform shirts.

I don't like it, but I don't spend a lot of time worrying about it. I don't like the NYPD, NYFD, etc. shirts and caps if you aren't actually one either. I don't even like those things that represent a branch of government based on a TV show like CSI, NCIS, etc. I don't even like the t-shirts that say SECURITY, etc. if you aren't one. I will wear an ODT t-shirt though, because I are one.

Hmm...so you would then be against wearing a t-shirt from a bar or place you haven't been? Even a fictitious bar like they sell in WalMart, etc? I usually won't wear a t-shirt from a place I haven't been. Souvenir value only counts to me if it is somewhere I have really been.

Hmm...so you would then be against wearing a t-shirt from a bar or place you haven't been? Even a fictitious bar like they sell in WalMart, etc? I usually won't wear a t-shirt from a place I haven't been. Souvenir value only counts to me if it is somewhere I have really been.

I agree with that. I usually don't buy souvenir t-shirts anyway, but I sure wouldn't be likely to wear one if I hadn't been there, hadn't attended the show, etc.

i wear mine sometimes just because i dont feel like buying new pt gear. but it doesnt bother me if someone else wears them. not the same as a full uniform with insignia. they way i see it since there is no rank on it (i guess if some douche wore a sash with it that ids the ncos)

Do you like chocolate? How about anything? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom