Item Relisted! FT Very Unique "Bing-back Honor Guard" sks

Well, no papers, it's not a bring back, just a good bed time story. There have been several batches of these imported. Omega wepon systems imported several thousand of these in the late 80's. And Omega did not mark there rifles from that time frame til they got there hand slapped. Most of what they brought in were not new. And in the early 90's norinco made new Honor guard style rifles, complete with boxes, slings and a certificate of authenticity. My thought are it came from omega. But my story is just a plausable as your as neither have proof. But Omega did import several thousand, and there were new in the box rifles made for import by Norinco to the USA.

Well, no papers, it's not a bring back, just a good bed time story. There have been several batches of these imported. Omega wepon systems imported several thousand of these in the late 80's. And Omega did not mark there rifles from that time frame til they got there hand slapped. Most of what they brought in were not new. And in the early 90's norinco made new Honor guard style rifles, complete with boxes, slings and a certificate of authenticity. My thought are it came from omega. But my story is just a plausable as your as neither have proof. But Omega did import several thousand, and there were new in the box rifles made for import by Norinco to the USA.

Don't know much about Omega imports, but Arsenal /26\ discontinued production of the SKS in 1980, and the serial # dates this rifle as made in 1967. IMO, that would rule out any special run of "early 90's made Norinco new Honor Guard style rifles". In 1967, the Chinese were manufacturing the Type 56 SKS for themselves and exportation to N. Vietnam, N. Korea, etc., and definitely NOT to the United States.

As far as Omega importing "several thousand of these in the late 80's", that's entirely possible, but what is considered "several thousand", 2k-5k-10k or more? My question would be how many Honor Guard rifles did Arsenal /26\ manufacture in 1967? They were too expensive to make for intentional surplus, so more than likely this SKS was manufactured for true Honor Guard service.

The story of how this rifle made it here to the ODT, who knows? Draftpick is right, his "story is just a plausable as your as neither have proof". Then again, it's possible this is the ultimate "bubba'd" SKS, and the chrome was custom applied years ago. With the age of the chrome, I can't see somebody paying to chrome an SKS that they could buy for only $100.

Last edited:
This is neat. Love a firearm with a good story behind it. The guy did say his grandad got it in Nam and it is dated 1967.

Back
Top Bottom