Jewelry consignment

from everything I've read, you won't get more than spot (or a little less) if you sell to a jewelry store. You'd be better off selling it here or similar.

Also it might be worth it to get it made into something else. I did that with my wife's old random rings and the little engagement ring I got her. The Jewelsmith in Marietta used the gold and stones to make all new stuff that she actually loves and wears all the time.

My fiancée has a wedding set she wants to unload but don’t know where to start.

Any suggestions on where to take it?
most traditional jewelry stores won’t touch the stuff unless it is sold by an estate sale - too much risk of getting stolen goods. My wife had some jewelry from her family we tried to sell. Had appraisals and the stones mapped. About $700 replacement cost we were offered about $100 from pawn shops. GLWS

most traditional jewelry stores won’t touch the stuff unless it is sold by an estate sale - too much risk of getting stolen goods. My wife had some jewelry from her family we tried to sell. Had appraisals and the stones mapped. About $700 replacement cost we were offered about $100 from pawn shops. GLWS
The rings last appraisal (few years pre COVID) was $18900.
A lady behind the counter offered her $200.
But I’m sure she was going to either take it home or sell to the store owner.

Back
Top Bottom