• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Just one .45acp pistol

I'd get a 1911 model. Past that there are several to chose from. Top tier would be custom model then a manufacture's custom shop like Colt Gold Cup or Combat Elite and Springfield loaded model. Then everything else. Even picking up an old military issue would be a good choice and investment

Springfield A1 Loaded. I have owned about 5 of them and they never cease to satisfy. They will eat everything you feed them. The have forged frame and slides which some people say it doesn't matter but they are solid and you can feel it when you rack the slide. You can not buy a better gun for the money. Kimber's are bricks and only have a nice trigger going for them and they break under heavy use religiously. Springfield's are like the Energizer bunny they just keep running and running. Get the stainless job. They are loaded with features and I mean everything. No need to look any further! I have have even owned the TRP 10mm long slide and I can't say enough about the brand and handgun. Oh and the trigger is dead on out of the box! Guaranteed!

I'm biased, but Para Ordinance P12.45 is a nice shooting and a nice size to carry too.

I would like to try a Glock 21. I liked the Glock 30 when I had a chance to try one.

I have owned as many as seven at one time of different brands. The Springfield had more features and is every bit of a gun as any. A stainless springy will be around and shooting long after you are dead and gone. I am in the process of the placing my Springy now. I only have two but a collection isn't complete until a Springy is among them.

Since you said “no” to 1911 (Dan Wesson or Colt), if it were me, I would be going to a mid-size Glock. Dependability and local service would definitely be an influence on my decision. As would ability to sell/trade when you see the light and decide to get a 1911. 😃

Back
Top Bottom