• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Laptop Advise

Speed6

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
28   0
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a heads up on where to get the best deal on a new laptop? I'm lookng at overstock, frys and micro center so far..

My POS computer won't boot so I'm gonna pull the harddrive out to move the data off...oh joy

Go to Dealnews.com They will list the best deals that are out and update the deals thru out the day. I check the site out a couple times a day. You never know what will pop up.

Google "Dell Outlet"... it's on their website and they have some very good deals. End of last summer I found a widescreen laptop there for just about $400 delivered to my house. I'll see if I can find a link later and post it-

This is a hard question to answer given lack of specifics. In general, go to the link below and see if anything suits your needs...

http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9&intagid[]=9

My last two laptops have been Dell Outlet deals when their coupons pop up. The best deals are their "scratch & dent" selections in combination with a coupon. They are almost always near-brand new but have very minor cosmetic imperfections (never on the screen or any other critical area). They are also returnable should they not meet expectations but most people are very satisfied.

Last edited:
google?

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/best_buy_company/index.html

thats just one of a few articles, i take the time to read financial news and skim through it, and one of the things i noticed over the past few years is the growing trend with traditional retailers losing money to online sellers. this is because folks go in to test products, and buy online. with traditional retailers like bestbuy, they operate online websites as well, but this doesnt bode well for them as e-sellers operate out of warehouse and have little over-head cost compared to best buy, as well as using fewer employees and reducing SHRINK by not having to worry as much about stolen or damaged property.

economics dude

Back
Top Bottom