lets see your ccw

xd9xc.jpgxd40.jpg

I alternate between these two Springfields. The 9mm SC during the summer. The larger .40 around winter time when I'm wearing heavier garments.

If parts wern't almost impossible to find, I would carry the most natural pointing pistol ever made

But parts are just about impossible to find so I don't use it for a CCW. I don't even shoot it anymore.

You're looking at a Remington 51 in .380 ACP, that is 92 years old this year (mfg 1921), and one of around 50 that were ever nickle plated at the factory. Nickle plating was by special request only, not an alternate ordering choice from what I've learned. I did have it inspected and the nickle plating is definitely factory done and not a post sale job.

But this thread gave me an excuse to show it off.

There are very few of these now existing and the only one I know of, besides this one, belongs to a guy in Washington state who told me (claims) he turned down several offers in the $2,000 range for his. Sure wish I had the original box.

I bought it at a gunshow 50 years ago for around $35.00.

Remington51.jpg

If parts wern't almost impossible to find, I would carry the most natural pointing pistol ever made

But parts are just about impossible to find so I don't use it for a CCW. I don't even shoot it anymore.

You're looking at a Remington 51 in .380 ACP, that is 92 years old this year (mfg 1921), and one of around 50 that were ever nickle plated at the factory. Nickle plating was by special request only, not an alternate ordering choice from what I've learned. I did have it inspected and the nickle plating is definitely factory done and not a post sale job.

There are very few of these now existing and the only one I know of, besides this one, belongs to a guy in Washington state who told me (claims) he turned down several offers in the $2,000 range for his. Sure wish I had the original box.

View attachment 163366

I have never seen one of those, in person. Read about them some, but never seen one. Thanks for posting.

View attachment 163366

ooooo very nice. George S. Patton had one of these. True classic right there.

Back
Top Bottom