• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

LGS that has lost my busniess forever

They can have whatever costs they want... In the end, they sell a commodity. A Glock 19 is a Glock 19. A box of Winchester .45 is a box of Winchester .45

If one dealer wants to charge double what most others do, go for it... I will laugh, shake my head and go to the places that are selling it for a reasonable price.

If they first dealer can't keep their doors open without charging double what everyone else is, then they are doing something wrong, or are in the wrong business...
This has absolutely ZE frikken RO to do with what I was quoting or talking about. Do you even know what I was talking about or what quote I was responding to??
No you dont. Because it didnt have diddly do squat to do with what a dealer charges for a gun.

So again...what exactly in the farkle are you talkin about??

I’m having problems buying all kinds of industrial items , water pumps , air blowers , Programmable Logic Controllers, bag filters, , you name it and covid has totally screwed up the supply chain.

i needed a 1 HP, three phase Goulds water pump, and Gould’s doesn’t have them , their supply chain and factory is totally screwed .

I found one at a place that’s known as the most expensive industrial supplier.
They had One still in their warehouse that was manufactured before covid.

Cost almost double what I could have bought one for, pre covid .
They had it. I needed it. I paid their catalog retail price .

It’s not just guns and ammo people .

Covid has screwed up the supply chain for EVERYTHING .

Guess I don't understand economics. If your inventory use to set for weeks before it sold then, all of a sudden absolutely everything you had sold in a month then, you receive a trickle of inventory that sell out as soon as you put it on the shelf won't keep your lights on? I understand some inflated cost but can't figure out how my math is off when it requires a $500 gun to sell for $1100 and a $14 box of ammo to sell for $60.
I don't buy into the covid excuse. I've not seen bread go up to $10 or rayban eyeglass coming from Italy go up to $3000

Last gun store I went into had more people working than guns for sale, and I had more ammo in my ammo safe than they had on the shelf.
But no one talks to me when I’m in a gun store, for some reason long teased hair, dr martens, and slick jeans means you don’t know what your talking about. I always wonder if molan labe hat wearing redneck behind the counter had ever bush hogged 35 acres in one day before? Probably not. Hick wannabes

Again, I was talking ammo.
The ammo manufacturers and distributors are not jacking prices up either. It is all the retail sales end that is doing it (and private sales). Prices from distributors is still about the same. It is just supply that is limited. I posted an invoice where I paid $12.24 a box for Remington 9mm 50 round box just a few days ago from a major distributor. Problem was I got the only case he had available at the time.

I’m having problems buying all kinds of industrial items , water pumps , air blowers , Programmable Logic Controllers, bag filters, , you name it and covid has totally screwed up the supply chain.

i needed a 1 HP, three phase Goulds water pump, and Gould’s doesn’t have them , their supply chain and factory is totally screwed .

I found one at a place that’s known as the most expensive industrial supplier.
They had One still in their warehouse that was manufactured before covid.

Cost almost double what I could have bought one for, pre covid .
They had it. I needed it. I paid their catalog retail price .

It’s not just guns and ammo people .

Covid has screwed up the supply chain for EVERYTHING .

Try buying a calendar refill for a Daytimer. I've been trying to get one (8 1/2 x 11, 2 page per week, Daytimer brand) since September. Been buying them for 20 years with nary a problem. I would say you are right about the supply chains being hosed.

Back
Top Bottom