• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

LOL @ Comcast

Have you seen the prices Google is charging for GB Fiber? LOL, you're in for a shock. I still have not seen the prices AT&T and Comcast will charge for their GB internet service but expect them to be outrageous as well. Comcast has announced they will double the speed of Google Fiber (at probably 4 times the cost).

They all piss me off :)

Yup... about the same what i pay now for Comcast Xfinity. I dont do the Cable TV thing as I dont watch it that much to justify it. I just do OTA TV.

So just for Internet, I pay $79.99 a month plus taxes and fees, and bull**** for Comcast Xfinity Boost.

Google Fiber is running:
  • Gigabit + TV: $130/month ($300 construction fee waived)
  • Gigabit Internet: $70/month ($300 construction fee waived)
  • Basic Internet: $0/month (for up to seven years starting from the date your address was first connected to the Google Fiber network for any person) + $300 construction fee

Yup... about the same what i pay now for Comcast Xfinity. I dont do the Cable TV thing as I dont watch it that much to justify it. I just do OTA TV.

So just for Internet, I pay $79.99 a month plus taxes and fees, and bull**** for Comcast Xfinity Boost.

Google Fiber is running:
  • Gigabit + TV: $130/month ($300 construction fee waived)
  • Gigabit Internet: $70/month ($300 construction fee waived)
  • Basic Internet: $0/month (for up to seven years starting from the date your address was first connected to the Google Fiber network for any person) + $300 construction fee

That sounds more reasonable than the $180/month prediction I saw last year for Google internet and TV in Atlanta. Hope that price stays the same for you when it reaches your neighborhood.

Disagree, I say ATT sucks more... I fired them a couple years ago... Not so much their service... but their Customer Service...

AT&T customer service is like running a gauntlet. I was about to drop AT&T and go with Comcast for phone/internet/TV but then Comcast customer service royally pissed me off last fall. CS is a joke among all of them.

Called up to get a price on TV and internet....

$70 for 45 channels and internet.

$99 for 140 channels.

Plus:

$5 conveniece/franchise fee.
$10 hd fee
$7 modem fee
$10 second receiver.

Plus local, state and fcc taxes.

WTF. :suspicious:

the only thing comcast has going for it is fast reliable internet...they still suck

I pay 120 for U450, and 45mgbs download speed from att. Not one complaint from me.

You sure about that? I'd do a speed test. I've got U450 and 25megs down. I'm currently waiting on my 10th installer in the last 3 months to get me over 12 megs. I pay 167$ a month. Also has a phone for fax

Back
Top Bottom