• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

LOL @ Comcast

Why? That's way too high. Sports package?

I pay $55 for Dish with DVR, and HD, 250 channels, with tax. I was just calling for better internet, and wanted to price check.
Dish dropped my internet to 19.99 from 50 because I threatened to drop them.

Not. That still within the realm of what is consider providing what they promise. Now, for me the fastest my neighborhood can get is 25 megs down. After countless techs and non of them moving my equipment around I finally got the supervisor out here with his "best tech. Sold the coverage issue with wifi. However. My crap Internet went from 10 megs down( 12.2 if you get 25megs is the lowest it's allowed to go) went to 6.69 down. So, I'll now be calling again and getting the 8th? Tech out here. I've told them that before I cancel I'll put a work order in everyday of the week until the problem is fix. Then I will cancel.

Why would I do that? It's been 2 years and they've not once given me what I've paid for, and they won't help with any of my past bills to make things right.

i.imgur.com_WrcfcZE.png

It's kind of like a the quoted price on one end plus the extra fees, taxes, and misc. charges on the other!

Double headed purple invoice of fun!

We have direct tv, basic channels and HD, we are just about out of contract, and will cancel all on the day. Sick of paying 120 bucks a month for 6 or 7 channels we watch. We will use Netflix and HULU, Amazon and any others. If they would only let us pick the channels and pay for what we want.

I get offers from Comcast to my home address every week, when I call they tell me I'm not in their territory. Why do they waste so much money on advertising for people that can't even receive their services?

I have Comcast with the 30mb speed, basic tv, and the sport package special was a $4.95/mo add on. (ESPN, NFL, etc)The sport package gives free HD service, a $5 savings from the regular HD fee and includes Streampix, their on demand thingy..

Total is $45 month.

HD fee is a rip off.

Like what, 2% of the country watches SD?

I have Netflix for the kids shows, movies, etc.

I had Uverse for awhile and we were happy with it. It was cheap and reliable. Then the bill started to get more and more expensive. They dropped it a few times each time I called and complained but finally stopped reducing my rate to what they were giving our services to new customers for.

We switched to Comcast and it has been a F@UC!NG nightmare! I can't believe how many times they have screwed up in the FIRST month we had their service. Couldn't get **** right now. Finally, after countless phone calls and getting super pissed off a number of times our bill is what it is supposed to be our internet is fast as hell, and the Xfinity TV interface is pretty slick when we do watch TV.

I was banking on google Fiber as others have mentioned but D dougiemac 's post worries me with pricing. Where did you find that pricing? They aren't in the Atlanta market yet so is that proposed pricing or from another market?

I had Uverse for awhile and we were happy with it. It was cheap and reliable. Then the bill started to get more and more expensive. They dropped it a few times each time I called and complained but finally stopped reducing my rate to what they were giving our services to new customers for.

We switched to Comcast and it has been a F@UC!NG nightmare! I can't believe how many times they have screwed up in the FIRST month we had their service. Couldn't get **** right now. Finally, after countless phone calls and getting super pissed off a number of times our bill is what it is supposed to be our internet is fast as hell, and the Xfinity TV interface is pretty slick when we do watch TV.

I was banking on google Fiber as others have mentioned but D dougiemac 's post worries me with pricing. Where did you find that pricing? They aren't in the Atlanta market yet so is that proposed pricing or from another market?

I found the pricing on google. :)

Here ya go: https://support.google.com/fiber/answer/2657118?hl=en

Back
Top Bottom