• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking for a SAA copy

brittthomas

Default rank <1000 posts
Okefenokee swamp creature
27   0
Reaction score
I've always loved the idea of having a single action revolver to shoot every now and then. I have no intention of making it a "prized piece" so I've been looking toward the cheaper models. Thing is, I know squat when it comes to these things.

Any recomendations on a good single action revolver in .45lc with around a 5" barrel that dosen't cost an arm and a leg? I'm looking to spend maybe a little over $200. Is it possible to find what I'm looking for to use as a range toy for that much?

i think buying new is gonna be tough at that price. Most of the SAA copies like Uberti, Cimarron, Navy Arms, Pietta, Taylors etc are going to run you $400 - $500 new. I have a Ruger Vaquero in 45LC, 4 5/8 barrel that I love. I think it was around $525 new a couple years back. You might check them used on Gunbroker. I dont see them too often on ODT

No, good luck. A Uberti is 400 up new 300 up used. A Ruger is 400 up used and a better gun. A Colt is a grand used, and well worth it IMO, but I'm a purist when it comes to SAA's. USFA's are as good or better than Colt, but seem to be a near dead company at this point.

Academy actually had a sale on Ubertis a while back for their .45s Hombre Cattleman but I haven't seen them since. They were going for $275-$300 or so.
Went to look at a store in McDonough for them but they were less then helpful and were pretty crappy about it. That's what I get for going in the walmart of gunstores.

Let me know if you ever find anything. I would like to get a SAA clone at some point.

Back
Top Bottom