Man arrested for carrying at mall of ga

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly happened? Are you allowed to talk about it?

I'm on my phone and its a long story but here's the skinny. Guy wows everyone with awards, stories, etc... guys take him shooting all the time, help him and his wife out. He talks about all kinds of Injuries etc. Then one day a member finally gets the chance to meet him and on the way to the range they are arrested with two unregistered machine guns. At trial it turns out the guy did basic at army then ended up in a mental hospital. No one would.believe he was a fraud even when others pointed things out until his dd214 was posted. His lawyers even had the forum members write letters of support but suspiciously asked them to not mention his service, still no one caught the red flags. He made a fool of the forum and caused major fractures in the membership.

Go to the "where's lawless" thread on silencer talk. The man named Russian is the other guy who went to prison, he now writes about his experience from a federal halfway house.

Google Aaron lawless his story will POP up.

Last edited:
It's not that I don't believe people, but I've seen a forum member spend time in the federal pen due to a lying idiot who claimed to be a war vets so I just don't put any stock into it. I've met you and ranger and you seem like nice enough guys, frankly unless you are making substantial claims about your service its not needed at all, but I have seen modified copy posted to remove all doubt, but the forum it was on is pretty strong in believing you should verify your service if you're going to brag since they had one fool them all, win a glock at shot show under false pretense, and get a fellow member a year in Forest Park.

Just to clarify, it isn't illegal to claim being a vet. It is illegal if you gain something, someone loses something, services are rendered, etc.. Lying is protected under the 1st amendment. A law for this very thing (saying you're a vet) was struck down recently by a supreme court judge because of it's violation of constitutional right. I'm not saying it is a good thing to lie and I'm not arguing with you but I wanted to clarify that it isn't technically illegal; only if something is gained or monetary value can be put on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom