MP5 Optics

Love the wide open feel of the XPS on mine
IMG_0047.JPG

I've got two different setups on my SP5 and MP5SD clone. SP5 I run a T2 on a scalarworks leap mount. Obviously doesn't cowitness but you can use the irons through the mount. Works pretty well since you're not getting much of a cheek weld with the A3 stock I have on it anyway.

For the MP5SD I have an RMR sight in place of the rear sight drum. Cowitnesses with the front sight post perfectly.

Not sure which I prefer exactly, but both work pretty well.

I did have the T2 on a lower mount before, that gave about 1/3 cowitness. Don't really recommend that, just give a really busy sight picture.

Decided to try one of the 515GM's, sweet, doesn't co-witness, but bringing it up to shoulder, fantastic view for a quick shot, feels more natural and you don't have to tilt your head as much, I give this one two thumbs up :thumb:

Attachments

• DOT.jpg
    DOT.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 8
  • DOT2.jpg
    DOT2.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 8
My 507 works fine for what I use it for :thumb: View attachment 6766830

This set up makes a lot of sense to me. Low and compact. I don't like a red dot or scope sticking up any higher than it absolutely has to. If the weapon is small and light, why do I want to add a lot of weight to it? Keep it simple, keep it small, as long as it works for you. I run the same Holosun 507 on an AKV and I love the combo.

508t on a Scalarworks mount. You can see through the bottom of the mount and use your iron sights.

Attachments

• IMG_7510.png
    IMG_7510.png
    262.5 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: JOC
Back
Top Bottom