• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My best home defense asset is gone...

dwilson42

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
10   0
Reaction score
I had to put my dog down today. He was one of the best dogs I've ever had full blooded german shepard got him years ago from a shelter found out when I went to have him fixed he had heart worms. They said the treatment could kill him so we decided to just let him live the best life he could. This morning my son and I were outside playing and he was petting Cooper and the dog snapped at him and cooper had his whole head in his mouth luckily I was close enough to stop it before anything past some red marks happened but when something like that happens you know what has to be done. The vet said he was in the later stages of the heart worms and he wasnt getting enough oxygen to his brain cuz he would of never done anything like this before. Pray for my family please guys Cooper was just like a member of the family to us all. thanks. And thank god my son is ok

That just sucks. Our dog of 15 years had to be put down just over a year ago. her ashes are still on the mantle. so, that just sucks.

Sorry to hear you put your friend down. I take a Vet's diagnosis of heart worm with caution. One of our local vets who has been here for years took blood samples of my pitbull Zeus after he had been coughing alot. He told me Zeus had severe heart worm and would be dead in 6 mos. He also told me not to give him heart worm medicine cause it would kill him. Instead of 6mos, Zeus lived another 8yrs and died in his sleep at 13. Sorry for the loss of your friend!

Back
Top Bottom