• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

my truck is misfiring

hurray. its a chevy s10 1997 4 cylinder, front wheel driveso i thought it might have been the spark plugs at first, but its getting worse now. when stopped at a red light it likes to "sputter", now when applying gas it doesnt want to pick up, like the gas isnt getting to itshutting the engine off for a bit temporarily remedied it a bit, but now even in drive it is doing iti know, a terrible description of whats going on. my older brother said it could be anything from water in the gas tank to or electric distributor any thoughts, suggestions, ways to trouble shoot it? any help would be appreciated it greatly.
You said you thought about changing plugs, have you? And what did they look like?I took over maint of a local PD once and several of the cars had the same problem. Plugs were never intended to run 100,000 plus miles... LOL

You said you thought about changing plugs, have you? And what did they look like?I took over maint of a local PD once and several of the cars had the same problem. Plugs were never intended to run 100,000 plus miles... LOL

I knew it. You ran what at least 90,000 of those miles didn't you ;)

Back
Top Bottom