• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need advice: Liberty Mystic can

RHelton10

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
422   0
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm just starting to do research on the can that I want and so far the Mystic by Liberty seems perfect, but I'd like some feedback from actual owners and to maybe hear about any of the negative aspects to it that I won't read about on their website. The main reason I'm looking at the Mystic is the ability to use it on multiple calibers; I'd be using it mainly on .22LR, 9mm, and .223. Is there another cross-platform can other than the Mystic that I should also be looking into?

I would not suggest using Mystic on 223 semi such as AR; bolt action maybe. AR's get a can HOT and the Mystic is just not rated for those temps. It is a nice can; the one thing I do not like about it is the o-ring on the end-cap. The end cap has a set pin (anti rotation) that bites at the same place on the O ring - chewing it up....you will be replacing it. Overall is is a good can!

I would look into the Silencerco Osprey 9 or 45. It weighs half of the Mystic, and is 1" shorter.

I personally have gone with the 45 can. I can can shoot any pistol caliber .45 and under, including some rifle calibers under the right circumstances.

The Osprey is a teardrop design to allow a better sight picture.

Also the Osprey is serial numbered on the blast baffle, so it can be serviced without another tax stamp.

The take apart design of the Mystic is not a real huge factor, because of the rounds being shot thru it.

The .22 aspect, well i would suggest a dedicated .22 can. You will loose quite a bit of performance out of a 9mm can.

In addition, do you really want to add almost an entire pound of weight to the end of a pistol? The Mystic weighs almost as much as the pistol.

The cost of the Osprey 9 is equivalent to the Mystic, at least it is at certain shops.

Rich

I have a Mystic and love it. I do not use it on a .223 but I do on my .22's and 9mm's. You can also get a Ti core now. On a .22 it is still very quite. While the bore is larger you also have alot of volume. It does have the o-ring but I have never had any problems with it. I mostly run my can on a SBR AR .22, SBR Colt 9mm and Bolt action .22s. If you are around NE Ga you can try mine out.

I plan on trying it out on a 300 whisper.

Last edited:
Its great on the 300 Whisper and BLK. Rich do you guys sell Liberty products? You said that "You will loose quite a bit of performance out of a 9mm can." If that was true would you not lose that performance shooting 9mm out of a 45 can? You and I both know you dont. Also you can not shoot 223 through ANY Silencer Co can. As a multical can the Liberty has the Osprey beat hands down.

As far as having the serial # on the blast baffle...... 2 words. Baffle erosion....

They are both great cans and great companies, but for multi purpose I think Liberty has the edge on this one....

If you want to demo the Liberty let me know.... Maybe Rich and I can meet up and let you demo both.....

Rich did you ever get your piston for the BLK....

Thanks for all the advice guys, and special thanks for the offers of a demo; might just have to take you up on that one day. Going to do a little more research but I think the Mystic seems to be my only "real" choice at this point

Back
Top Bottom