need ammo advice

mvelrod

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
I was hoping someone could help me out on the best hunting rounds for a 243 to use for deer. My 10 year old son will be hunting around food plots surrounded by thick-thick brush and cutover. Its pretty much a one shot chance and I want the best knockdown round for a lightweight caliber. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Mike

Thanks Spas-12, I shoot them in my 30-06 and like them. any particular grain (85 or 100) do you recommend? Definitely right on with shot placement. He's Fairly new to deer hunting but a good shot. Thanks for your help

Shot placement

But I like core lok from Rem.

x10 ^^^. I've hunted with my Model 70 Winchester .243 for many years and have Never had a Deer move 3 steps from where I shot it. I've used My reloads, 95gr Nossler, 85gr Sierra and Factory Rem 90gr and 100gr Core-Lokt. Same ole story always applies, You can shoot'em with whatever Caliber and Bullet you want if you don't get a good Shot Placement, then either you Track'em down or lose them. So I'd look for something in 90 or 100grn, Soft Point, Rem or Winchester. Good Luck and hope to see some pictures with your son's Smilin' Face!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom