• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Never noticed this.....

Barton72

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
11   0
Reaction score
Got home from shooting at Trigger Time. GF told me to blow my nose. Just dug around in my nostrils with a paper towel. Lots of black from the powder up in there. Been to plenty of indoor ranges. Just guess I've never noticed this. Did seem very heavy in there. Wonder if the ventilation there is lacking.

Anyone else ever noticed this?

Your range definitely needs better ventilation by the sound of it!

I had some black boogs today too but from grinding on some titanium at work so I feel your pain. :sad:
Shoulda worn my respirator but I was in a hurry.

Hi Caliber Range in Holly Springs will give ya the black boog plague too with their sorry ass vent system.

Last edited:
Yep, and this along with the fact that I don't have to anymore, is why I won't shoot at indoor ranges anymore. Do what I did. Move to the country and set up a range in your yard.

Used to happen to me all the time when I was a Civil War re-enactor. Large volume of black powder discharged in small spaces=black boogs LOL :)

Too many ranges "foeget" to change out the filters on time or keep the fans running low.

It's expensive to change out filters as recommended and if the airflow is at the right level the target waves in the wind if the hangers are not good enough.

I shoot outside when possible, but if I have to shoot in my range it's not an issue. We use target stands and move toward and away from the target. Even this has it's drawbacks, you have to make sure your shoes are clean after a class.

High lead levels ain't no joke. If you have kids you should change your clothes before you hug on them after a range day, it's not just your boogies with lead dust on them. I'm dumb enough without the effects that high lead levels bring.

Back
Top Bottom