• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New rule

If your INTENT is to make a profit on the sale then you will be considered a dealer and will have to get an FFL. If you sale to much stuff you are a dealer and will have to get an FFL. I am sure there are many other rules that will also make you a dealer so there you go. The Armed Attorneys channel covered it pretty well.

just so you know I saw a guy selling limited edition pencils for $900, yes I know it is 9000% the normal price but I hear they are very rare and highly collectable. And with each of those limited edition pencils that are sold I think you get a pencil case and oh yea, a Glock at no additional charge. that's right the case and Glock are totally free... no profit off of them...

Meh, carry on. Not enough agents to police this rule change
Unfortunately, places like ODT will be under HEAVY SCRUTINY!

The key word is presumption. Meaning you can be subject to this rule if you transfer a firearm outside of the FFL process, unless you can provide enough evidence to overwhelm the presumption of guilt under the law.

They have entire libraries filled with the laws that have been written. I’m sure we all fracture a couple laws everyday. By changing the definitions, hence the rules, excluding transfers of self defense weapons, any transfer of a firearm that can possibly be classified as a self defense weapon will fall under this rule. Unless you are selling your entire collection and NEVER purchase another.

They could investigate any trade or sale of any firearm that could be classified as a self defense firearm. What is the start date? What is the statute of limitations? With the record of any trade or sale here on ODT, they can investigate.

If you trade, and they decide you traded up. Or if you sell, and they decide you made a profit. You fall under the law. If I bought a S&W 686 in 1980 for $200. 43 years later it may be just a truck gun. But sell it for more than $200 today, is that a profit?

What happens if you sell your collection with the intent of getting out of guns entirely and things change and 5 years from now you buy another?

It’s not like the ATF will be required to prove “beyond reasonable doubt” that there is no reasonable doubt about the accused’s guilt. The change in the law/definition makes us guilty unless we take steps to avoid it.

Make your own best judgments. Your mileage may vary.

I have a dozen Class-2 guns inbound from a series of auctions/lots (Poulins) I won last week. In two weeks I have half a dozen Class-3 guns coming in (Morphys) with a totaling cost of over $120K in gun purchases in the past month. I'm not an FFL, I just collect the things. If anyone is going to get their door kicked in and dog shot, it's going to be me. They have not approved any of my NFA Form-4 transfers pending since last year, when they take only a few days now-days. Guilty until proven innocent. I bet they assume I'm an unregistered dealer and will probably spring into action when I submit over a dozen 4473's next week.

just so you know I saw a guy selling limited edition pencils for $900, yes I know it is 9000% the normal price but I hear they are very rare and highly collectable. And with each of those limited edition pencils that are sold I think you get a pencil case and oh yea, a Glock at no additional charge. that's right the case and Glock are totally free... no profit off of them...
There was a young female Army Cpt during Desert Storm selling condoms for $100.00 each. If you bought one, she would then be willing to have sex with you at no charge. She was successfully prosecuted for prostitution.

Back
Top Bottom