Personal information ettiquette in a trade/deal

I will only communicate via PM until time and place are set. I don't mind giving my number after that. I won't do a BOS and you won't be writing down any of my personal info.

Work the deal in a PM, then exchange phone numbers. Common sense works best on here. If they made an offer on your item then you control the specifics of the deal.

I would have to ask a little more before I weigh in.. Were you the buyer or seller? If you were the buyer I could understand based on low feedback and messages. But I also had low feedback when I started...

I usually followed the lead, based on the seller’s request... Up to a point!....

If we make a deal I send my phone number and message that I don't get PMs on my phone, so depending on how fast he wants to close, text, or wait until I can read PMs. But I confirm in a PM and wait for acknowledgment.

Exception would be today, local seller, small amount, good feedback, had his phone number - so did it all in text, the moon stays in its orbit.

BUT if I do text or call and don't get any response, I'm gone.

My phone number is publicly available, and one the interwebs, so giving it to one ODT is no big deal.

77251B80-7BDD-4D28-89F9-A7B0392E82FC.gif

Back
Top Bottom