Quota hunt

Got drawn for di-lane 1st hunt. It's firearms 2 days before muzzleloader opens. I'm wondering how many of the 400 will show up on that Thursday. I'm going to have to do some digging for info.

5 points for alligator, 3 for deer.

I hope to get to Seminole or maybe Eufala for a gator in the next year or two. Each year I put in for zone 2, and only zone 2. I’m sure there are other good zones, but I know Seminole has some big ones and that’s what I’m after.

No idea where I want to use my deer points. I put in and save.

Same here, never been for the second hunt though. Heads up that the campground is closed.
I only live about 25 minutes away from there, so the campground is no issue for me. I haven't been on that wma in close to 20 years, back when I was in boy scouts we camped there and fished in the ponds. I'm gonna try to go down there in the coming weeks to scout it out.

Next year I'm going to enter the lottery to take an elk up here in Virginia. Now that's something to hunt for right there. Since 1971 they've been reintroducing elk into the area. There are several counties that allow you to take an elk every year if you are lucky enough to get selected in the lottery.

Back
Top Bottom