READ THIS IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET FOR AN ESEE KNIFE.

troutman

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
53   0
Reaction score
My son and I made our weekly journey to fish the Etowah. As always I had my ESEE 3 clipped to the console of kayak. For the first time ever I flipped my boat. I had not clicked my Knife into the sheath and it fell out when I was taking my swim. Fortunately, the 3 has blaze orange scales. I didn't want that color when I bought it, but it was considerably cheaper so I went with the orange. Anyway, the water was about 5 ft deep and I could see a faint orange glow on the bottom. I dove down and recovered my Knife! I have a 6 and an Izulla and am thinking about ordering orange scales for them.
20160528_204306.jpg

Scale of 1-10 how do you like the candiru?

I mainly used it as a box cutter at work because i would carry my LCP in my pocket and needed a knife on my waist instead of in my pocket. As a box opener and basic knife it was excellent. As a daily use knife it is worthless. The Izula is my go to knife when i am not at work. I honestly want 10 more of these Izulas.

I mainly used it as a box cutter at work because i would carry my LCP in my pocket and needed a knife on my waist instead of in my pocket. As a box opener and basic knife it was excellent. As a daily use knife it is worthless. The Izula is my go to knife when i am not at work. I honestly want 10 more of these Izulas.
Ok. Thanks for the feedback. The candiru seemed a bit hokey to me. I could use the Izula daily I believe. I have (3) Esee 3's and a Junglas. That Junglas is a beast!

Ok. Thanks for the feedback. The candiru seemed a bit hokey to me. I could use the Izula daily I believe. I have (3) Esee 3's and a Junglas. That Junglas is a beast!

I tried to carry the 4 a few times and other than hunting or fishing it's just too much for my taste but the Izula is just right. I had to use my Izula to eat some red beans and rice the other day for lunch. The Candiru actually sliced my hand open the first time i put it in the sheath because there wasn't enough to grip when i was trying to pull it back out.

Back
Top Bottom