Renew Tag Now - No Emission Test

Fish Fry

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
“It’s Good To Be The King.” – Rabbi Tuckman
177   0
Reaction score
My birthday is in May so I received my annual birthday card in the form of "Georgia Department of Revenue Vehicle Registration Renewal Notice" last week.

Always an advocate of not waiting until the last minute, I asked my daughter to get hers inspected today while she was running some errands.

The emissions testing system is down statewide and for the period it is down, owners may renew with no emissions testing.

I renewed mine online a few minutes ago and the renewal tags are on their way. I have 4 vehicles but one is a company car, one is a '95 F150 which doesn't require emissions testing anymore, but my wife's and daughter's do - saved $50.

If you have your renewal in hand - go for it......

My birthday is in May so I received my annual birthday card in the form of "Georgia Department of Revenue Vehicle Registration Renewal Notice" last week.

Always an advocate of not waiting until the last minute, I asked my daughter to get hers inspected today while she was running some errands.

The emissions testing system is down statewide and for the period it is down, owners may renew with no emissions testing.

I renewed mine online a few minutes ago and the renewal tags are on their way. I have 4 vehicles but one is a company car, one is a '95 F150 which doesn't require emissions testing anymore, but my wife's and daughter's do - saved $50.

If you have your renewal in hand - go for it......
Looks like mine went through- I owe you one.

How much was the convenience fee and online transaction? Maybe I am wrong, but when I went to renew my three registrations, I was informed I would be paying $39.99 per registration in Gwinnett county. $120 added to the $76 total.

NO THANKS

Back
Top Bottom