Ruger sickness

Picked up this awesome Ruger logo offset wall hanger. It's some kind of heavy steel with a really thick glossy coating on it. I think I found the perfect spot, as long as it doesn't sit away from the wall so much that I can't get scope clearance. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

IMG_20240426_223123~2.jpg

Picked up this awesome Ruger logo offset wall hanger. It's some kind of heavy steel with a really thick glossy coating on it. I think I found the perfect spot, as long as it doesn't sit away from the wall so much that I can't get scope clearance. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

View attachment 7184740
You don’t have Ruger Sickness you’re just a plain old Ruger whore.

1714241377945.gif

I've spent at least 10hrs yesterday restoring and detailing a Mark III that is near and dear to my heart. Around 2004, while I was an intern making $8/hr, I set out and saved up to get a CZ452 Varmint. Spending close to $500 for 22lr rifle, then another $200 on a required scope was commitment for a 21 year old who at that age would typically blow their peasant earnings on something more "cool" like an entry level AR.

That CZ was the best money ever spent (not including investment guns). I've spent literally 1000s of hours hunting Allatoona/Pinelog WMA with it, not to mention the fifty thousand rounds I've put through it over the past 20 years. To me it's sentimental and invaluable. A gun I most certainly will never part with, until I hand it down.

Another gun I'll never part with is this Ruger Mark III. Similar story to the CZ. Still an intern in 2009, I saved my pennies for the outrageous $700 cost of the Hunter. I remember questioning myself due to all the other "cooler" options available at that price point. I thought about all the fun I was having with the CZ452 and went for it.

I changed the sights to target sights the moment I got it, and headed into the woods with it. At that time I was doing what I called Huntsploring. Basically hunting while hiking/exploring. Hiking 5-10miles with a gun. Which is where this Mkiii came in. Rather than hike that far with a rifle through the woods, I was just handgun hunting small game. Besides, a clean hit with the CZ452 was not even remotely challenging, even if the squirrel was 100yrds away.

I would also hunt coyotes with both guns. The mark iii I've used all the way up to 100yrds with just the irons. I specifically remember putting a cantaloupe exactly 100yrds out on a 200yard field on Pinelog. One shot and it was dead center on the cantaloupe. Lucky, but repeatable.

Anyways, over the years it had changed configuration multiple times. About two weeks ago, I was bidding on several estate auctions from collectors and won 11 different guns, with 3 of them being Rugers (2X Mark series). A 2014 NIB Slab-Side MKIII Competition (Stole it at $430 delivered) and a NIB 2016 Launch series SN MKIV Hunter (Stole it at $535 delivered).

Those guns are arriving tomorrow, which prompted me to restore my old Mark III back to original condition and config. Luckily as a collector, I keep everything so I'm proud of myself that I did as a 25yr old with this Mark III. Original box and paperwork and original cocobolo grips. Also just ordered a Volquartsen 2.5lb trigger kit for it in SS. That should arrive tomorrow as well.

20240505_101544.jpg

20240505_101630.jpg

20240505_101701.jpg

CZ452 & MKIII Hunter
20240505_103710.jpg

MISC Configuration from somewhere around 2011-2012 (Hogue grip, Pac-lite upper & Gemtech Outback II Suppressor.
IMG_1743.JPG

IMG_1740.JPG

MKIII Competition arriving tomorrow.
Ruger Target.jpg

MKIV Hunter arriving tomorrow.
MK4 Target.jpg

I've spent at least 10hrs yesterday restoring and detailing a Mark III that is near and dear to my heart. Around 2004, while I was an intern making $8/hr, I set out and saved up to get a CZ452 Varmint. Spending close to $500 for 22lr rifle, then another $200 on a required scope was commitment for a 21 year old who at that age would typically blow their peasant earnings on something more "cool" like an entry level AR.

That CZ was the best money ever spent (not including investment guns). I've spent literally 1000s of hours hunting Allatoona/Pinelog WMA with it, not to mention the fifty thousand rounds I've put through it over the past 20 years. To me it's sentimental and invaluable. A gun I most certainly will never part with, until I hand it down.

Another gun I'll never part with is this Ruger Mark III. Similar story to the CZ. Still an intern in 2009, I saved my pennies for the outrageous $700 cost of the Hunter. I remember questioning myself due to all the other "cooler" options available at that price point. I thought about all the fun I was having with the CZ452 and went for it.

I changed the sights to target sights the moment I got it, and headed into the woods with it. At that time I was doing what I called Huntsploring. Basically hunting while hiking/exploring. Hiking 5-10miles with a gun. Which is where this Mkiii came in. Rather than hike that far with a rifle through the woods, I was just handgun hunting small game. Besides, a clean hit with the CZ452 was not even remotely challenging, even if the squirrel was 100yrds away.

I would also hunt coyotes with both guns. The mark iii I've used all the way up to 100yrds with just the irons. I specifically remember putting a cantaloupe exactly 100yrds out on a 200yard field on Pinelog. One shot and it was dead center on the cantaloupe. Lucky, but repeatable.

Anyways, over the years it had changed configuration multiple times. About two weeks ago, I was bidding on several estate auctions from collectors and won 11 different guns, with 3 of them being Rugers (2X Mark series). A 2014 NIB Slab-Side MKIII Competition (Stole it at $430 delivered) and a NIB 2016 Launch series SN MKIV Hunter (Stole it at $535 delivered).

Those guns are arriving tomorrow, which prompted me to restore my old Mark III back to original condition and config. Luckily as a collector, I keep everything so I'm proud of myself that I did as a 25yr old with this Mark III. Original box and paperwork and original cocobolo grips. Also just ordered a Volquartsen 2.5lb trigger kit for it in SS. That should arrive tomorrow as well.

View attachment 7217486

View attachment 7217488

View attachment 7217489

CZ452 & MKIII Hunter
View attachment 7217490

MISC Configuration from somewhere around 2011-2012 (Hogue grip, Pac-lite upper & Gemtech Outback II Suppressor.
View attachment 7217512

View attachment 7217518

MKIII Competition arriving tomorrow.
View attachment 7217502
MKIV Hunter arriving tomorrow.
View attachment 7217530
Nice pics, good story

I've been on an extreme gun-buying binge lately ($130K+ in the past 2months and counting). Somewhere in the mix, I picked up this NIB 1984 Ruger Blackhawk 357. I don't collect single actions but it goes along nicely with the 1973 Single-Six I got a year ago. I mostly got it due to its reputation of being one the most reliable and indestructible guns ever made. Great for the apocalypse as I roam the wasteland as a marauder.

20240505_131447.jpg

20240505_131459.jpg

20240505_131527.jpg

20240505_131542.jpg

20240505_131643.jpg

20240505_131751.jpg

Back
Top Bottom