SC No Concealed Weapons

SSSTANG

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
62   0
Reaction score
Vacationing with the family this week in SC and have seen a lot of "No Concealed Weapons Allowed" signs on business doors. For residents, does that mean open carry is ok?

So everyone knows, while I'm here, I am abiding by SC law.

I wouldn't know because I do not patronize SC. Their guns laws are draconian and they are undeserving of my money.

Yep, lived in Hinesville/Ft. Steward for 3 years and only drove through SC twice, both times to get to Ft. Bragg, NC. SC gun laws are stupid as hell but they did allow anyone to have a gun in the glove box or console if not barred from possession. They do not recognize GA's concealed permit. I believe it's due to mandated training to exercise a "right".

If one comprehends just what a "right" honestly is then they might have issue with this restriction. Encourage, support, assist and enable but NEVER dictate for any true "right" for then it ceases to become one and sets the precedence for further restriction.

In SC, open carry would be illegal under the law against brandishing a weapon. Never heard of it actually happening, but having part of a pistol accidentally exposed is grounds for arrest. Be very glad we have open carry and those who act to preserve it.

Same here. I carried to the gas station just before the SC state line, put it in the glove box and when I came back I stopped at the same gas station and holstered it. I'll try real hard to never spend another dime in SC.

In SC, open carry would be illegal under the law against brandishing a weapon. Never heard of it actually happening, but having part of a pistol accidentally exposed is grounds for arrest. Be very glad we have open carry and those who act to preserve it.
So you're saying open carry isn't legal for SC residents? I could look it up myself but I'm too lazy.

Back
Top Bottom