• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silencer Supply Chain Updated

Sole Oak Supply

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
7   0
Reaction score
So I get a lot of Questions related to this, and will probably eventually make a video. With the Silencer market going crazy right now, and very little inventory in stock there seems to be a lot of confusion.

1. Most Silencer and Gun manufactures sell through distributors. Silencer Shop is one of those distributors, there are probably 10 others as well. Not all sell NFA items though.

2. Manufactures like Diligent Defense sell direct and through a distributor, but they are primarily a made to order company. So you can get a place in line with them.
Silencer Shop is allowing backorders on certain items so I / you can get a place in line also. When a distributor doesn't do back orders they call dealers, or put on their site what is available when stock arrives.

3. Silencer Shop will process the Form 4 for any silencer, weather I buy it from them, or one of the other distributors or manufactures.

4. Do you have xyz gun or silencer in stock? Under normal times, I do not stock much other than my demo models because, I can order from one of the distributors and get it in about a week. Then we get your paperwork started when it arrives. This helps me keep my prices down because I'm not sitting on a lot of inventory.
With the market changing I will probably have to start doing more speculative buying.

5. Buying directly from Silencer Shops Website and pricing: When a dealer is listed on Silencer Shops site. they control the pricing that is shown. Most are set to minimum advertised pricing. So if you buy directly from there website they send a commission check to the dealer you chose. So there should not be any extra fees.

6. Form 3 Transfers out: When I price my silencers, I figure the fee silencer shop is going to charge me to process the paperwork. If I ship it to another dealer that same processing fee money is applied to shipping and form 3 processing. If a dealer is charging you to do a form 3 and / or ship a can out there is probably something up. High level dealers pay less processing fees so I could see where they may not have the $ in there for shipping.

Just because Otter Creek has 4000 cans on back order doesn't mean you have to wait for 4000 people to get there can first. The Distributors have those on order, some may be spoken for, some may not.

This is why I started my Backorder program. I can put a backorder into Silencer Shop, or DD for you, and also watch the other distributors and grab your can when the distributor gets stock if that happens before the backorder is filled.

Hopefully this clarifies some things.

So if I found a suppressor I want in my secret finding spot and wanted you to transfer it, without going through SS, you can do that?

Back
Top Bottom